SK Daddle

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larcor69

Supporting Member
On to another vintage Dumas Boat build, 36" SK Daddle
Power coming from a new OPS .40, plan to exit exhaust through the transom

Attachments

• IMG_20201023_124944213.jpg
    IMG_20201023_124944213.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 56
I built an SK Daddle with a Merco 65 in 1970.

Futaba brown box with S-7 Servos and JG prop. Solid shaft and Octura hardware.

That boat needs flat water.

Al Hobbs

So this will handle like a crackerbox...?
Nice build...i remember seeing the ads for this boat in the magazine's way back....

I built a SK Daddle in about 1965. I put a K&B 40 in, but I was planning on getting married soon so there was no money for RC equipment. My girlfriend thought I should spend all my money on her. I shoulda stuck with my boats.
I went on active duty with the US Navy in late 1966 and I was stationed in Pearl Harbor which was not too far from Ala Moana park in Waikiki.

I did 2 tours off the coast of South Vietnam and when I came home the second time, my SK Daddle was nowhere to be found.

I got seriously back into boats in about 1970 and stuck with them till about 1976 when I sold everything to raise my family. That didn’t work out too well either. I divorced my wife in 1983 which turned out to be one of the best decisions I ever made. Yeah, I had to pay child support for about 10 years but it turned out to be worth it.

I had a small SK Daddle that was fiberglass with a Veco .19 in it. Citizenship analog proportional radio. Throttle wasn't proportional, just went up or down with a toggle switch on the transmitter. Moving the throttle up or down would center the rudder during the transition.

Back