Silent Engines for Diane Wilson

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seajj2

I am sad to announce Diane Wilson the wife of long time boater Jim Wilson passed away. She lost her 2 year battle with cancer. Diane is one of our great women in D9 that runs the show behind the scenes. She is the treasurer of our D9 district and the Model Mariners. She will be missed. RIP Diane. Announcement will come later for memorial services if that is possible with the current situation of the pandemic.

Sad to hear. I met her at the Hobart race. A great, kind person! Thoughts and prayers.

Steve Ball

My wife and I meet Jim and Diane at the 2014 NAMBA Nat's in Washington and they were great people. Talked to them both many times since then. They will be missed!!

Brad and Brenda

This is very sad news.Rest in peice Diane My wife Nancy and I Stop in for two days to see Jim and Diane on are way to Hawaii

This is too much. I became really good friends with Jim, talked darn near every week. Then had the pleasure of getting to know Diane, such a wonderful person. When we lost him that was tough enough and now Diane?? Dammit. Please to anyone DON'T say how much worse can it get. Seems 2020 is taking that as a challenge........

Last edited:
Ok the latest update. Services for Diane will be next year in the spring. Due to covid the number was going to be very limited. The family said that was not fair to limit the attendees. She had a lot of friends.

Knew Diane for as long as Jim was active in model boats. She was a wonderful lady and very active at the District 9 level as a score keeper. Diane asked me to be the leader for Jim's memorial service and I was honored. I have many pleasant memories of diners with Diane and Jim. She will indeed be missed.

** UPDATE ** As of now it appears a memorial service for Diane may be held sometime in the spring once there is a better sense of COVID restrictions.

Latest posts

Back