Sidewinder mono hulls

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul Mylonas

Gidday Guys ,

Looking for anybody who has experience with Sidewinder mono hulls from Retallick Engineering in Australia..

I am new to the boating side of RC , I am looking for a high quality mono hull around the 42 inch to be run with a nitro engine ..

Thank you

Cheers Paul......

Gidday Guys ,
Looking for anybody who has experience with Sidewinder mono hulls from Retallick Engineering in Australia..

I am new to the boating side of RC , I am looking for a high quality mono hull around the 42 inch to be run with a nitro engine ..

Thank you

Cheers Paul......
contact lenny blake at rum racing and get your self a cal craft hull

Hi there i have a new boat that you are looking for never used and no holes drilled so you can set it up however you like ..... 42 inches long and it is a sidewinder

there is 2 small chips as you might see in the pics but definitely will not affect the structural side of the boat and there is a mark at the transom where the deck joins the hull where i started to rub her for painting

here are some pic if you want better ones just email me at [email protected] iam in perth western australia

neal rogers :) :)

I live in Australia , I am looking at buying locally , I will look into the cal craft hulls but i dont think anybody brings them into Australia.
Here is a link to the site where i found the Sidewinder boats...

http://www.retallickeng.com.au/index.html

Paul,

What part of Oz are from??

There will be a race meeting held at Yarrawongah/Mulwala on the NSW & Victorian border next week where you will be able to see Sidewinder hulls plus many other types.

Let me know where you are from and we'll be able to hook you up with the right people.

Regards,

James

Gidday Guys

Thank you for the replies . I live in Pittsworth , 30 min west of Toowoomba .

Neal , if you are interested in selling that hull can you PM me your price including freight to Pittsworth Qld 4356.. at this stage i will be looking at either a sidewinder or seaducer hull...

Hi Paul, what size engine are you looking at running?

The picture of picco lovers is the 42 inch hull, works best with .45 engines.

The 45 inch hull is better for the bigger nitro and also gas engines.

If you need any more info pm me for my ph number

PS i drove though Pittsworth on my way to Toowoomba just before xmas :)

Gidday Ken,

Looking at running a MAC45 or 67 , it will probably come down to what i can afford or pick up 2nd hand at the right price. I wouldn't mind trying a gasser , I race off road nitro buggies and have had a lot to do with nitro engines but have yet to try a gas engine.

What would be the pro's and con's of running a modded gasser verses a 67 nitro...performance and cost based.....

Hi Paul, what size engine are you looking at running?
The picture of picco lovers is the 42 inch hull, works best with .45 engines.

The 45 inch hull is better for the bigger nitro and also gas engines.

If you need any more info pm me for my ph number

PS i drove though Pittsworth on my way to Toowoomba just before xmas :)
Love the sidewinder hull, it has no problem competing against the seadunkers or any other mono. It corners like you wouldn't believe.

Ken built up my hull with all his hardware & engine mod, it runs flawlessly. The engine is finally loosening up & the pace is impressive.

Ken, I forgot to ask you yesterday about another rudder blade, I run over Dales new boat on Sunday :eek: . The sidewinder isn't damaged except for a chip on the paint, but the rudder got a ding that I fixed up & the shear bolt is long gone, I might get a spare just in case.

Gas needs less to lug to the lake, a can of fuel & the transmitter. Nitro is faster (X mono, but not by much) but you need to lug a starter & battery, fuel, glo igniter & transmitter.

It all comes down to personal preference.

Gidday Ken,
Looking at running a MAC45 or 67 , it will probably come down to what i can afford or pick up 2nd hand at the right price. I wouldn't mind trying a gasser , I race off road nitro buggies and have had a lot to do with nitro engines but have yet to try a gas engine.

What would be the pro's and con's of running a modded gasser verses a 67 nitro...performance and cost based.....

Gas is easier to tune initally compared nitro. there isnt a lot of difference in cost in setting up. Same hardware is used, besides pipes and engine mounts. Nitro engines in boats are usually run on anything from 25 to 60% nitro.

The MAC engines are no longer in production, and parts can be very hard to come by, CMB is the best choice at the moment.

Will you be racing or using the boat for play? A 67 would be very quick in the 42 inch, but a bit scarey for racing in rougher water. If its for play only, anything goes really.

hi Paul if you are looking for a motor iam now importing the new Picco P45-R motors(7.5cc) rated at 4.6hp at 31,500 rpm and will have shipment from Italy in a few weeks (these are from Alberto Picco) and a hell of a lot of parts as well so if you are looking for a motor just email me at [email protected]

if you have a look around in this forum for picco and you will just see how good they Really are and parts well thats no problem as well

thanks neal any Q email me

Paul

sent you e-mail back..

sorry been at the on-road Vic championships last 5 days.

will call you tomorrow mate, i have just a new 45 motor for you coming shortly...

the same motor that is at the top in OZ at the moment in 21 class....

i know you know what i'm talking about :D

O" this engine is rated at 5.0hp at 35,000rpm...lol

regards Aaron

Last edited by a moderator:
Gidday Guys ,

Thank you

Cheers Paul......
Hi Paul, I no you are looking for info on the Sidewinder hulls but I live in Australia and I just brought a 44" seaducer mono with a CMB 1.01 in it from http://www.hobbysupplies.com.au/Seaducer%20Boats.htm and it is an awesome boat and Tony from hobby supplies is really good to deal with check out the web site link an d have a look.

I am very new to RC boats and seeking direction. I have acquired a Rennick Sidewinder 45 hull from my son. It is basically just a newish hull with twin rudders and an outside sterntube. There are no hull drillings. I am unsure of where to go with this; what engines it needs / requires; plans to finis it off etc. Can someone point me in the right direction for help. I am in Queensland.

Latest posts

Back