Sgx 45

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice! (is it as windy out there as it sounds in the video?)
It’s was steady at 15 mph with lots of gust to about 20 mph. But in my face. So luckily that build breaks it up. Early it was rough in the left turn and I stuffed my 21.unless it’s a due East or west wind over I’d say 12-13mph hour the lake is great.

what motor you think you like better danny?
Both are great. I ran the nova a bunch. When the covid hit and nova was rumored gone. I had just rebuilt this nova 46 with a new piston and sleeve. I had also just bought this sgx with the evo in it. So I had someone who wanted the nova and since the evo was fresh I decided to stay with the evo. And the owner of this nova sent it back so I can break it in and run it amd I offered to do it because I believe it will run as good.
The negative to the cmb is the crank.They do get tweaked or break and it takes weeks to get out t back from being rebuilt and a new crank is $225.
The negative on the nova is a aluminum rod is easier to break then the steel one that’s in a cmb. And 4 bearings in the nova vs 2 in the cmb. I have run the crap out of a 46 on the same bearings And same rod for a year without fail.
out of the box running.... I don’t do it much myself. But I pay attention to those who do. The novas all run great stock and the cmb’s run good To great depending on size.
You can not go wrong with either if they are treated right. Or you can be terribly disappointed with either if they are treated poorly.
the Vac 45
Or V 5 I am sure run great too. They are basically a happy median to the the nova and evo. I just haven’t run em much because of the way they fit the sgx.
I can honestly say if I had
To run one or the other I’d be equally confident. But I own the cmb for the reason offered above.
The engines as pictured the nova weighs 1.1 Oz less then the cmb. So that’s minimal even though the cmb is bulkier.

Both are great. I ran the nova a bunch. When the covid hit and nova was rumored gone. I had just rebuilt this nova 46 with a new piston and sleeve. I had also just bought this sgx with the evo in it. So I had someone who wanted the nova and since the evo was fresh I decided to stay with the evo. And the owner of this nova sent it back so I can break it in and run it amd I offered to do it because I believe it will run as good.
The negative to the cmb is the crank.They do get tweaked or break and it takes weeks to get out t back from being rebuilt and a new crank is $225.
The negative on the nova is a aluminum rod is easier to break then the steel one that’s in a cmb. And 4 bearings in the nova vs 2 in the cmb. I have run the crap out of a 46 on the same bearings And same rod for a year without fail.
out of the box running.... I don’t do it much myself. But I pay attention to those who do. The novas all run great stock and the cmb’s run good To great depending on size.
You can not go wrong with either if they are treated right. Or you can be terribly disappointed with either if they are treated poorly.
the Vac 45
Or V 5 I am sure run great too. They are basically a happy median to the the nova and evo. I just haven’t run em much because of the way they fit the sgx.
I can honestly say if I had
To run one or the other I’d be equally confident. But I own the cmb for the reason offered above.
The engines as pictured the nova weighs 1.1 Oz less then the cmb. So that’s minimal even though the cmb is bulkier.
You should run for Office......LOL

Danny. Did you get new style turn fin from Andy B Can you show me picture let me know thanks

The new nova piston and sleeve fully broke in on Sunday morning. Got it dialed in.
top speed was right there with the evo. The acceleration was definitely better with the nova if you can believe that. They did not run on the same props the water conditions for the nova were calm to flat. That didn’t help it.
Both motors very easy on plugs as well.
Nova is going home. Lol.
I didn’t get video as I was alone early.

Last edited:
Now a chance to run the V5 in the same boat as the nova and evo.

Attachments

• A887972C-17ED-4C82-A5CC-E07C6514B2C2.jpeg
    A887972C-17ED-4C82-A5CC-E07C6514B2C2.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 52
  • 57239011-59BC-4BC6-AD6F-BA5756885A56.jpeg
    57239011-59BC-4BC6-AD6F-BA5756885A56.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 55
Back