Set-Up board and AoA charts

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Outrigger set-up board and AoA charts - Measuring AoA the easy way. :)

http://ne-stuff.blogspot.com/2010/11/outrigger-set-up-board-and-aoa-charts.html

Hope it makes sense... :p
Niklas,

this is a sweet setup...I appreciate how carefully your tracking your turnfin/strut angle settings...I do the same, though admittedly WAY less accurately, I record all this information (that means I scribble it on the setup board...LOL) so I can run sensitivity tests while goofin off at the pond

In the classes I run (fixed running surfaces) I wish I could alter running surface setup as easily as you do =)

oh btw, we have used melamine for our setup boards and seal the turnfin/strut holes with epoxy. Melamine seems to hold up better to the water, doesn't warp easily and the epoxy seals the turnfin/strut holes from water swelling the wood...

great work!

Last edited by a moderator:
FINALLY, a simple, comprehensive explanation & example of how to measure rigger setups. THANX niklas!!

VERY impressive. Not many people will take that much care in their setup.
The way I look at it, its the EASIEST way to check your set-up... But its quite accurate also. :)

Outrigger set-up board and AoA charts - Measuring AoA the easy way. :)

http://ne-stuff.blogspot.com/2010/11/outrigger-set-up-board-and-aoa-charts.html

Hope it makes sense... :p
Niklas,

this is a sweet setup...I appreciate how carefully your tracking your turnfin/strut angle settings...I do the same, though admittedly WAY less accurately, I record all this information (that means I scribble it on the setup board...LOL) so I can run sensitivity tests while goofin off at the pond

In the classes I run (fixed running surfaces) I wish I could alter running surface setup as easily as you do =)

oh btw, we have used melamine for our setup boards and seal the turnfin/strut holes with epoxy. Melamine seems to hold up better to the water, doesn't warp easily and the epoxy seals the turnfin/strut holes from water swelling the wood...

great work!
Melamine: yes, I just had some MDF that I used that still is raw - I wipe the boat off before putting the rigger on the board. Not perfect, but Im somewhat lazy... :D

FINALLY, a simple, comprehensive explanation & example of how to measure rigger setups. THANX niklas!!
Your welcome. :)

this is simply awesome!! For someone to take the time to make this, then publish it for everyone to use. Simply stunning!!!

Back