servos

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve wood

shopping for some new servos. need a 1/4 scale that has metal gears,extreme torque,ball bearings. the futaba 5301 has been discontinued,and there doesn't seem to be a replacement. high tech servos need not apply. my understanding of digital servos,they have a 5 second delay,if there is a glitch or loss of signal, for them to "reaquire",not acceptable in a 90 mph boat.who makes something that will work.

also looking for a mini,metal gear,in the 100 oz range.also non digital.is there any thing out there

all must work on 6 to 6.6 volts

5 sec delay?.. first I have ever herd this... where did you get that info anyway.

I will be looking into it.

I would NOT put digis in my (Toys) if that was the case..

Grim

Last edited by a moderator:
does anyone know anything about these monster servo's that airtronics makes. they are digi but have stupid amounts of torque ( 400oz plus ) i read they require lipo cells? do you have to.

chris

shopping for some new servos. need a 1/4 scale that has metal gears,extreme torque,ball bearings. the futaba 5301 has been discontinued,and there doesn't seem to be a replacement. high tech servos need not apply. my understanding of digital servos,they have a 5 second delay,if there is a glitch or loss of signal, for them to "reaquire",not acceptable in a 90 mph boat.who makes something that will work.

also looking for a mini,metal gear,in the 100 oz range.also non digital.is there any thing out there

Steve , I run HS5755MG in the Twins they work perfect on 6 volts on a sub- c 2000 mah battttery built by batteries plus. Over 300 torque 1/4 scale with metal gears. Never had a single Problem. I Run a chrome moly 1/8 tig Rod for a control rod......

Steve , I run HS5755MG in the Twins they work perfect on 6 volts on a sub- c 2000 mah battttery built by batteries plus. Over 300 torque 1/4 scale with metal gears. Never had a single Problem. I Run a chrome moly 1/8 tig Rod for a control rod......

had too many problems with hitech

This happens when.. after the RX unhooks?.. 5 secs aint going to matter if the RX unhooks.

I think you are getting bunk info.. BUT.. I will investigate more.

I have hundreds of flights on my toys and they all have digis in them.. still no failures of any kind.

Grim

had too many problems with hitech
I, too, have had my fill of non-digital Hitech servos, ------ But ------ I really like my Hitech 5745 dig servos for rudders on larger nitro and gas boats. Part of the reason is there are not many good choices in this size, part of the reason is the digital 5745 Hitechs don't get soft centering and have been working flawlessly for me. I DO carry a spare! Have not seen your 5 sec delay at least on my radios or my racing partner's radio ( he also has and likes 5745's). I run Airtronics stick 75 and 2.4 and he runs JR stick 75. Rudy

From our Futaba in house expert..

Futaba digital servos do not have a 5 sec time delay to them.. they would however have to recover the pulse... some ware around .52 milisec.. In other words.. you are never going to feel it... The radio would have to un-hook and re-hook before that .52 period to even have a chance to detect just a servo pulse capture".

Adding .52milisec to the end of a lock out… again…not going to know when the servo caught the pulse.

Non issue!

Grim

more questions: will a digital drain down a battery in a normal day of testing,as i am led to believe.

can digital and analog work in a system together,on 2.4,airtronics and/or futaba

more questions: will a digital drain down a battery in a normal day of testing,as i am led to believe.

can digital and analog work in a system together,on 2.4,airtronics and/or futaba
I ran 175 laps with a twin in Charleston & raced the first 2 days with Sub c 1200 Mah before charging it. Now thats 4 gallon of fuel to one battery charging in a Twin... HS5755MG Now that is considering you have a charger that can produce 1.0 amp charging input & dont time out before the batery is 100 percent. A Hobbico elite Charger will do the job when you get into the larger battery paks with big capacities

Steve,

Yes and yes..

A digi servos benefit is holding power and center. It uses more power but not what you are thinking..

You can use a Digi and an Analog servos together as long as the system is not in HRS (FUTABA) (I bet your radio does not have that anyway)

ALL Futaba system operating as a 2.4g system are do not use HRS.. its not needed because 2.4 is so dam FASST anyway.

Grim

You can mix digital and analog, however the system will have to be run in analog mode. If there is some play in the linkage the digital servo will do more "hunting" around center and the very nature of digital servos and pulling more current will make more stress on the battery packs. If you jump up to LiFE RX packs say over 1100 maH you would be fine for a days outting. (Unless the hunting is REAL bad.) The Futaba document I read on digitals said to have good batteries, and tight BUT NOT high drag linkages as the bottom line. I do hear that digital servos and water do not mix at all, not sure if there are any digital servos that are even listed as waterproof. Digital servos are better for holding power, and center position (or any position you ask for) but they do cost a good bit more, and waterproof side is not so good in boats.

Link for Futaba digital servosMy link

Grim, anyone?

I little off subject, but does anyone have good knowledge, experience with the range capabilities of the Futaba 2.4 Fasst system? Always ran our .21 SAW boat with the antenna taped down to the top of the boat using the Futaba PCM. Could not do that with any other brand of radio. Just wondering about range for the purpose of SAW where the boat could be up to 800' from the transmitter.

never heard of this"delay" most helis are digital and a 5 second delay would equal kitting the heli.

Grim, anyone?

I little off subject, but does anyone have good knowledge, experience with the range capabilities of the Futaba 2.4 Fasst system? Always ran our .21 SAW boat with the antenna taped down to the top of the boat using the Futaba PCM. Could not do that with any other brand of radio. Just wondering about range for the purpose of SAW where the boat could be up to 800' from the transmitter.
Hi Andy,

I can tell you I range checked a 2.4 Fasst system with another person that was so far away(could barely see them) we used a cell phone to communicate.(antenna in radio box),no issues.. I just run the antenna up 2 inches and don't even think about it. I assume your looking at air drag.

Grim, anyone?

Andy,

I would have to say without question its going to work.. Truth is our cheap little Tactic system can do that and it has no rx antenna at all.

But.. the largest body of water i have had the FASST system on to date (ant in the R box) is the Evansville pond.. full long and no problems.

I know thats not much of an come back. I can tell you however that in range testing the system (on land) we got over 1.2 mile. (antenna up)

Grim

I don't own any of these because they are a bit pricey, but they have come down lately($200). They used to be $300.

Z9100HVT for rc car or DS8711HV for giant scale airplane. I don't know what the difference is besides the model #.

However I have seen them perform. Super strong and reliable.

480 oz./in Torque ; .12seconds/60 degrees

High Voltage, No regulator necessary for LiPo batteries(2s/7.4 volts).

Case is aluminum.

They don't buzz when centered like some digital hitecs do, and early JR digitals servos buzzed too.

Standard size

Length : 1.58 in.

Width : .82 in.

Height : 1.57 in.

Weight : 2.6 oz.

JRPSZ9100HVT-250.jpg

Latest posts

Back