Seaducer Setup

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AzMandella

So I bought a Seaducer 21 here and have a few questions . I went to the web page and read the setup instructions . It say's this boat is supposed to be set up as a surface drive . But the boat I bought is setup with the stuffing tube through the bottom of the floor into the strut . Wondering why that might have been done and has anyone else done there's that way and why . If you look at the picture of the boat on the left you can see the stuffing tube going through the bottom .
5234F8FB-6374-414E-A8FC-033968D96949.jpeg

Older Seaducers ran w/ subsurface drive. All the new hulls run surface drive.

Ok . So out of curiosity are the bottoms different between the old and new ? Or did they just change to surface drive ?

That Seaducer is at least 30 years old. I can tell because it has the press on letters. Man did I hate putting those on. Many people tried to run that boat surface drive. But it will not work. Actually that hull will run faster sub surface then surface drive. They ran great back in the day. But I do not think it would be to competitive now. But the way where did you dig that thing up at? If I remember correctly I made over 1300 of those 20 monos over the years I made them. That 40 mono is very old also. I would say 25 years or so. Man time sure does fly by.

That Seaducer is at least 30 years old. I can tell because it has the press on letters. Man did I hate putting those on. Many people tried to run that boat surface drive. But it will not work. Actually that hull will run faster sub surface then surface drive. They ran great back in the day. But I do not think it would be to competitive now. But the way where did you dig that thing up at? If I remember correctly I made over 1300 of those 20 monos over the years I made them. That 40 mono is very old also. I would say 25 years or so. Man time sure does fly by.
I bought it off someone here on the boards . I am just getting back into RC boats after 25yrs so this will give me something to play with while building competitive boats . I have a Nova new T21 5/m that I will put in it to start working on rusty driving skills .

my buddy ran a subsurface drive 21 ducer years ago, it will run good when setup properly. i do not have any setup instructions for that hull, jerry might

I would set it up surface drive. Mine is & I'm running a 440 3 blade. I ran a Nova rex & could stay with all the fast boys on calmer water. With rough water you will fall behind. The cornering won't be as good as the newer sea ducers as they will be able to turn tighter on calm or rough. So if your a driver this boat is still competitive just not the best of all condition like the new boats. I hope this helps in your direction.

On the old 40 sub surface boat I used to run, we tried to get the strut as close to the bottom of the hull as possible and neutral angle.

Jerry and Andy are right!! I wouldn’t run it as a surface drive.
My old 20 seaducer has the strut as close to the bottom as it can get.

if you run it as surface drive it will slow it down. That boat needs to ride a little higher or the hook in the bottom of boat will create extra drag.

just my experience with that boat

Funny as hell the guy that built the boat comes on and tells you not to run it service Drive. But now that ain't good enough. LOL

Back