Seaducer hydro?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan paluski

Hey guys I'm getting a seaducer hydro for a good deal that's never seen water and just was curious what to expect from this hull? The reason I ask is I can't find very good run footage of these as it seems these were popular about 10 years ago and the videos are grainy.

Are they good hulls?
Speed?
What setup is good for these? Engine size. Turn fin type, prop.

Thanks, Ryan

I think I'm going a different route in life for now. What does everyone think the seaducer is worth as it sits with the trevor simpson reed engine? Most likely gunna sell the bud boat as well

I sold the fountain and I'd like to build a truck as I've been wanting to do something like that for a long time and the time is slowly starting to present itself...I want to build a 1930's chevy 1 1/2 ton dually with a cummins on 22.5 Alcoa's . At this point I'm just going to sell my losi 5t and keep the bud and the seaducer. It just seems everytime im out with one of the boats it's a public disturbance or something else screws with my outing.

Last edited:
It's only a public disturbance because others feel they have the right to control what's happening around them. Years ago, the wife and I got yelled at for running a generator at 10:30 in the evening at an event we were attending. Problem was we weren't even in the motor home to run the generator. Granted, the generator was a loud industrial type and the motor home belonged to friends but we weren't the only ones attending that had that kind of generator. The next day, we got yelled at again, only this time, we were able to track down the actual guilty party. Never did get an apology for being unjustly harassed and, unfortunately, the event folded a couple years later.

Sad to hear that about your outings,, are there
no other places to run in your area?
No clubs with a sanctioned lake ?

I totally understand about the truck, as I have a fully caged rock crawler that consumes a lot of my time if I let it ...( and money!!! )
but yeah, if the opportunity presents itself, ya gotta go for it... drop in from time to time and let us see the progress of your build... or link to a site if your game..

Good luck man, sounds like you are putting together an awesome combination!

@Hydro Junkie I agree 100% people need to just mind their own business but that will never happen.
@Wasted wages thanks man! I don't think I'm gunna go anywhere its just a matter of working with what I make "municipal diesel mechanic" so im not rich so I can only go so far in each direction. I live in nj and there is a namba sanctioned lake near me but the whole insurance thing they require has me spooked and not sure I'd I need to be a member to use the lake as its a local park. If I can sell off my losi 5t I'll be good to get started and I found a 37 chevy so that's a good start and I got the engine for nothing but it's in unknown internal condition but hey I have to start somewhere. This is me just being impulsive and thanks guys for chiming in and ill keep my boats as this seaducer has me on the edge of my seat to see how fast I can get it to go on a gas engine

Last edited:
I can tell you, I have regretted getting rid of so many projects I had time vested in, because of " life changes" ... later in life when I picked them back up, I seriously questioned vesting new time and money just to get back to the point I was originally at !
If I had just held on to them....

Luckily I never did give up my boats, and now I'm glad I held onto them..

Unless you really need to free up cash for your truck project, hold onto your boats... You probably won't be able to replace them for whatever you sell them for today and they don't cost anything for them to sit on the shelf..
Just my .02...

It's only a public disturbance because others feel they have the right to control what's happening around them. Years ago, the wife and I got yelled at for running a generator at 10:30 in the evening at an event we were attending. Problem was we weren't even in the motor home to run the generator. Granted, the generator was a loud industrial type and the motor home belonged to friends but we weren't the only ones attending that had that kind of generator. The next day, we got yelled at again, only this time, we were able to track down the actual guilty party. Never did get an apology for being unjustly harassed and, unfortunately, the event folded a couple years later.

Yup, just look how many dragstrips have been forced to close due to noise complaints...even though the dragstrip was there years before they built up the surrounding neighborhoods..

Even if the dragstrip is drug into court and wins, they are still hit with a barrage of other lawsuits that keeps the lawyers happy ... constantly having to defend lawsuits, the dragstrip ends up throwing in the towel because of the associated costs ...

Oh and everyone complains about a loud generator running, until the power goes out...then they are your best friend...
Noise be dammed!!!

Last edited:
Thanks guys and yea I know it would be a pain getting them again. I don't need to sell them to make the truck build work as I generally find the deals I'm looking for it just takes me to find the things I want at the price I want to pay. I really appreciate all of you guys pushing me to keep them and I'm glad I joined this forum

Back