Screwed Blazer Marine

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Blazer

Supporting Member
Just like the title says. we got screwed. A customer ordered and paid for a Lauterbach kit with hardware which we shipped. The customer complained to Pay Pal that he did not order the kit. PayPal refunded him the money, kit, hardware and postage. We had proof of delivery from UPS but still refunded the money, $600. If anyone knows of this guy BEWARE he is a thief.
Dinhhong Nambontam
7153 SE Terrace Trails Dr
Portland OR 97266

Bob,

Maybe someone out West can pay him a visit and at least get
the boat back to you. A neighborhood drone visit to the house
on video would be a nice touch. 👍

Just A Suggestion,

Mark Sholund

Bob
It's time to take a trip and meet up with this guy.You have his address.

Dave Roach

I know many have had good experiences with Paypal but, at the same time, it's threads like this that keep me buying and using cashier's checks. Granted, I'm risking getting taken but, with the people in the hobby, it normally isn't an issue.

I find it disturbing that PayPal is so quickly willing to refund money without investigating it more. It’s like the BUYER has protection and the SELLER has ZERO. I’m really tiring of their tactics. Sorry this happened to you Bob. This service was originally supposed to be an escrow service between buyer and seller and it used to protect both to my knowledge, although I don’t think they’ve actually operated that way for many years. They just send the money back to the buyer and screw the seller!

Just thinking out loud here - for this scam to be successful the scammer(s) must end up with the money refunded by Paypal and possession of the merchandise.
If the goods were delivered to the address you listed and accepted by a resident at that address then it seems irrelevant whether that person is Ding, Dong or King Kong.
Now that Paypal has reversed the purchase transaction I think the merchandise in question is once again legally your property. If you can prove your property is likely to be at that address or it's whereabouts may be known by someone at that address you might have sufficient cause to ask the local police to investigate.

Last edited:
Bob, I hate this for you. I've had this happen to me on a larger scale. Paypal isn't on the sellers side, fought with them quite a while and provided evidence to support my side that they asked for, but the buyer got his money back and got to keep the item. There is no way to have a good transaction with a crooked bastard, any electronic money transfer can be reversed for the least little reason. A lot of this goes on all the time and has put a couple of friends that were ebay sellers out of business.

Just thinking out loud here - for this scam to be successful the scammer(s) must end up with the money refunded by Paypal and possession of the merchandise.
If the goods were delivered to the address you listed and accepted by a resident at that address then it seems irrelevant whether that person is Ding, Dong or King Kong.
Now that Paypal has reversed the purchase transaction I think the merchandise in question is once again legally your property. If you can prove your property is likely to be at that address or it's whereabouts may be known by someone at that address you might have sufficient cause to ask the local police to investigate.
Unfortunately might as well kiss that $$ goodbye. PayPal doesn't care and they won't help in any way. Basically useless!
I sent someone we all know, but don't want to mention his name, $1000 via PayPal for a boat back in Sept and PayPal sent it to the wrong person with the same name but a slightly different email address. Not my mistake and clearly a PayPal error. I contacted them within an hour when I found out what they had done and they told me there was nothing they could do to stop it and to call my bank. My bank told me that PayPal had to stop it that they couldn't do anything. Needless to say neither would get involved. When I contacted PayPal again and went up the chain of command they told me I was SOL. Wouldn't give me the guy's address or phone number or even tell me if he had withdrawn the $$. I sent this guy an email directly which he replied and admitted to getting the $$ and said he would return it. That was 5 months ago and 8 subsequent emails to him with no responses. Google search by email address turned up nothing on this loser. I must say that was one expensive boat purchase!
PayPal should be ashamed of themselves but they could care less and there's nothing we can do except to stop using PayPal. I feel bad for Bob and unfortunately there's nothing he can do about it.

Marty

Last edited:
I find it disturbing that PayPal is so quickly willing to refund money without investigating it more. It’s like the BUYER has protection and the SELLER has ZERO. I’m really tiring of their tactics. Sorry this happened to you Bob. This service was originally supposed to be an escrow service between buyer and seller and it used to protect both to my knowledge, although I don’t think they’ve actually operated that way for many years. They just send the money back to the buyer and screw the seller!
American express works the same way. When I worked at 2 different hobby shops I saw 1st hand how AM screwed them over.

Sorry Bob I punched in the address on google earth this is where he lives maybe this will help a little

Attachments

• FCB9A421-EBF9-4157-87D1-670836B6A580.jpeg
    FCB9A421-EBF9-4157-87D1-670836B6A580.jpeg
    473.6 KB · Views: 0
I hate hearing this, seems hard to protect yourself, I've been scammed, not quite this much, but still. I've definitely cut back with pp use, there's got to be a way for better protection, both seller and buyer. I have asked the few people for F&F latley and seems like no problem, I'm open with people, call me, pictures, anything's ok, nothing to hide. Bob I hope somehow you get reimbursed or product back.

That guy is most likely not in the US.

Most anything I ever ship going to any Portland Oregon address is actually being forwarded to another country.

Back