Screwed Blazer Marine

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I might have a story to tell soon enough about ebay and some nova parts I ordered. Still in the process of getting it sorted. The 18th ebay can step in and refund my money. We shall see.
Mike

It's a shame that some of the these PP transactions go side ways. There are ways to protect yourself with some transactions.
First of all credit card companies allow you to dispute charges no matter what even after the money has been paid. When you get your bill you call and start the process.
With PP after a transaction there is a period of time where the payment is not processed and the cancel transaction feature is available and can be used. PP stuff is all electronic with no humans making key strokes for transactions so when you select cancel it's real time.
Unfortunately you just need to watch the process if you have time.
As for EBay a friend of mine paid for a $50,000 Camaro on line to pick up the car in Las Vegas. He flew to Vegas to get the car. Turned out to be a scam and EBay refunded every dollar!
Not all things go bad!!

Last edited:
Anyone willing to do a 50K car transaction on ebay deserves to be scammed.

There are much better ways to do a large sum transaction, especially when there is a title involved etc...

Unless of course, you have money to burn and 50K is like 50 bucks to most people...
What's the old saying? A fool and his money,,,

Few years ago i sold a taper attachment for a south bend lathe on ebay. the unit was in rough shape and i described it as such. even went as far as selling it as non working for parts only. Well, purchaser wasnt happy with it and complained to paypal and they returned his monies even though i sold it as is with no returns ( i mean there were about a dozen pictures of the actual item on the auction and it stated to look carefully at the pictures before purchasing ) anyway, Paypal told me i would have to pay for return shipping ( which was about 100 bucks as this item was big and heavy ) once i received the package they would refund him automatically. the &*()er sent me back a pair of brake drums.

I appealed the case. had to file a police report and after a couple months got my money back.

Maybe thats what you need to do..

Joe

Anyone willing to do a 50K car transaction on ebay deserves to be scammed.

There are much better ways to do a large sum transaction, especially when there is a title involved etc...

Unless of course, you have money to burn and 50K is like 50 bucks to most people...
What's the old saying? A fool and his money,,,
Just an example !! There are many online classic car forums that allow the greatest number of potential buyers to see, e-bay is just one of them. In this case e-bay protected the buyer.

If you dig into Pay Pals rules apparently the seller/business must agree that they will refund money for up to 180 days after a sale to a dissatisfied customer. Maybe this why Stu Barr, Ralph Almirola and Al Hobbs don't do pay pal or credit cards.
After reading all this I think when I want to sell a high dollar item I may not use pay pal with a unknown person for sure.

I hate hearing this, seems hard to protect yourself, I've been scammed, not quite this much, but still. I've definitely cut back with pp use, there's got to be a way for better protection, both seller and buyer. I have asked the few people for F&F latley and seems like no problem, I'm open with people, call me, pictures, anything's ok, nothing to hide.

Things may have changed, but I seem to recall that PayPal ONLY has the ability to refund the buyer IF the seller still has a PayPal balance. If your PayPal account balance is zero, they can’t legally take it out of your linked bank account. For this reason I NEVER leave money in my PayPal account and always transfer to my bank account quickly after a major sell. This is only what I recall. I could have changed, so mileage may vary.

Things may have changed, but I seem to recall that PayPal ONLY has the ability to refund the buyer IF the seller still has a PayPal balance. If your PayPal account balance is zero, they can’t legally take it out of your linked bank account. For this reason I NEVER leave money in my PayPal account and always transfer to my bank account quickly after a major sell. This is only what I recall. I could have changed, so mileage may vary.
Unfortunately that is no longer true. About a year ago I got bitten in a finely polished scam that looked so legit they even had an active FFL dealer in on it (reported that to ATF). My bank got in the middle and did not allow $$ transfer to PP to go thru. PP stated they already paid the "vendor" and said I owed $400 ( I had zero PP balance). Numerous emails to them filled with documentation (forget getting a human on the phone) was a waste of time so I left my account at zero. A friend sent me some $$ for some boat stuff (just like he had done times prior) before I could tell him to send to my wife's account. Paypal immediately took the money..............

It goes on! I only have a credit card on file with PP. They keep asking for my bank info saying it will be more convenient, no way. As soon as I sell something, within 30 minutes I select the mail me a check option to be sure no funds ever stay with PP. Costs $1.25 for a check.

Can you even sell on eBay any longer without accepting payment through eBay using Paypal?

Ebay has its own payment method for merchants...

I do the same thing... i guess if it was ever something of real value i would just close the account ( paypal )

I use zelle only got screwed by PayPal too many times zelle is run by the banks no fees and it's insured plus in order to have a bank account you need i.d to open a bank account so it's pretty safe I'm done with PayPal's b.s

Just thinking out loud here - for this scam to be successful the scammer(s) must end up with the money refunded by Paypal and possession of the merchandise.
If the goods were delivered to the address you listed and accepted by a resident at that address then it seems irrelevant whether that person is Ding, Dong or King Kong.
Now that Paypal has reversed the purchase transaction I think the merchandise in question is once again legally your property. If you can prove your property is likely to be at that address or it's whereabouts may be known by someone at that address you might have sufficient cause to ask the local police to investigate.
My brother is a state trooper he said they will not get involved with that .he said it would be a issue with the postal inspector .and he said they might be reluctant to even get involved if there is multiple complaints then chances are better they investigate . Other then that he says it's more a civil matter

Back