Scale Details!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Thomas

Does anybody know what the "proper" splay angle is for the rear uprights on the newer unlimiteds is? Or is this another of the "trade" secrets that varies from team to team?

Does anybody know what the "proper" splay angle is for the rear uprights on the newer unlimiteds is? Or is this another of the "trade" secrets that varies from team to team?
I could be wrong but I don't think they are all the same. I usually find a good picture and blow it up to 1/8 scale if I can, and measure the angle with a protractor on the screen.

I think, more than anything, it depends on the width of the tunnel and the length of the wing.
I know, this sounds strange but it's actually true. If you take the tunnel width from the MHR and can get the wing length, either from the boat team or by scaling from pictures, it will give you the upright angle. One thing to remember is that no two boats are the same. For example, the canards on T5 and T6 were not interchangeable due to the tunnel of the boats being different, T6 was actually wider by a few inches.
Getting back to the tunnel width, this is important as all the boats have the upright pivots installed above the sponson insides with the underdeck brackets mounted on each side of and bolted through the sponson insides with the pivots then bolted to the brackets through the deck

Latest posts

Back