Scale Color Data Base?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hydro Junkie

Had a thought earlier today that MIGHT help those of us that build scale hydros.

I was toying with the idea of a sticky thread that has the color numbers of the various boats over the years. For instance, the 2000 9516 Elam uses HOK day glow orange and white. The 2001 0116 Elam uses the same basic color scheme. The 2016 0706 Home Street uses an Imron Sky Blue with black stripes and white. Wouldn't a single source be beneficial to all concerned? When you think about it, how many threads have we had that asked about the three pinks on the Circus boats over the years? Any thoughts about this?

It's a good idea, with some suggestions.

1) Information has to be correct.

2) Paint code cross reference to the different brands of paints would be nice.

3) Earlier boats (prior to paint codes) would need modern paint code equivalent. It's sometimes tough to get a good color match off of an old photograph, and the old film/cameras didn't always capture the actual color.

I would use this source of information!

All of that sounds good, only thing is who would be the one to take care of the information to be sure it's entered correctly?

THANKS A LOT, ROBIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
default_tongue.png

Just had a thought, would that make me like an admin type?

Last edited by a moderator:
To me, it's more a question of "Will everyone that has information on the paint be willing to share so others can build a properly painted boat?" I know there are some out there that keep what they have learned private, figuring that if they can find the information, so can everyone else.

It's too bad that some may think that way as most anyone that thinks about building a scale would like to represent the boat as close as possible. Posting here on IW will help most often but there deffinately is an easier way if there was a data base to go to for codes like the master hull roster, or if they were added on the roster with the boat.

Brad

So, Lennard, does this mean you can find the code for the Homestreet's blue in the forum? How about the Elam's orange?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back