*** Save the Date = Atlanta Spring Nationals April 23rd & 24th, 2022 ***

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to the overwhelming support of you guys and gals we have already hit the 200 boat mark for the 2022 AMB Spring Nationals! If you or anyone you know is wanting to attend this event please send them over to RCRacingEvents.com ASAP! Some of the classes only have a few spots left and many are already SOLD OUT. Keep checking back in as we are shuffling things around as we go to try and accommodate as many racers as possible. If you want to get on the waiting list for any of the SOLD OUT classes just let me know.

Thanks,
Lamar

Send me a PM with the names and classes and I will add them to the waiting list. We are already at the max number of heats we intend to run. The only way another class gets added or more heats of an existing class get opened up is if something currently listed doesn't make the cut. There is also a possibility of getting in if someone else drops between now and race day (which always happens).

Thanks,
Lamar

I went ahead and opened up a waiting list for the race on RCRacingEvents.com. I know several ppl didn't get into every class they wanted and a couple of people didn't get in at all. I don't foresee adding more heats, but when a race fills up this far ahead of time there are always dropouts and individual class scratches between now and race day. Put your name on the waiting list and if/when a spot opens up I will reach out to you.

Thanks,
Lamar

We currently have a limited number of open spots for the 2022 AMB Spring Nats! Go to www.RCRacingEvents.com to grab them before they are gone:

3 P-Limited Offshore
2 B Mono Spots
2 Thunderboat
2 23-30 Mono
1 Crackerbox
1 Open Offshore
1 Super Sport Mono

Thanks,
Lamar

With the Spring Nats only a couple of weeks away there are still a few spots available for the event. At the time of this post, the following were still available on RCRacingEvents.com:

• B Mono – 3 spots
• F Mono – 1 spot
• LSG 23-30 Cat – 1 spot
• LSG 23-30 Mono – 3 spots
• LSG 23-30 Rigger – 1 spot
• Crackerbox – 1 spot
• Open Offshore – 2 spots
• Open Tunnel – 1 spot
• Open Twin Rigger – 2 spots
• P Mono – 1 spot
• P Limited Offshore – 3 spots
• Super Sport Mono – 3 spots

Thanks,
Lamar

That’s a wrap on the 2022 AMB Spring Nats! You absolutely couldn’t have asked for better weather. There were blue skies and nice temps all three days of the event. On behalf of the Atlanta Model Boaters, I would like to say thank you to all the competitors who traveled from near and far to come out and race with us. We sincerely appreciate your support of the event and the raffle. Thanks to the AMB crew for pulling together to get the job done. It truly does take a village and you guys did a fantastic job. A tip of the cap to the volunteer corner judges who stepped up to help ensure we had plenty of eyes on the action all weekend. To our trophy and raffle sponsors a special note of appreciation. Through your generous donations, we are able to make continual improvements (like sending a temperamental digital clock back to the manufacturer for a tune-up… always have a Plan B). I believe this may be the first Spring Nats in history where we didn’t change out a single buoy all weekend, well done! I would also like to express my gratitude for the conduct of the racers all weekend. Everyone was extremely courteous on the driver’s stand, and I don’t recall hearing any harsh exchanges amongst the racers or towards the crew on the tower. That is how it should be and is greatly appreciated! We hope you all had a great time and hope to see you back again for the 2023 AMB Spring Nats!

Thanks,
Lamar

Here are the race results from the 2022 AMB Spring Nats. Congrats to all the winners!

Super Sport Mono
Steve Rodriguez
Kevin Willets
Chris Shepherd

B Hydro
Doug Twaits
Tom Baffer
Steve Ball

LSG 23-30 Mono
Dale Roberts
Chris Shepherd
Fred Lumb