Run in stand/dyno build.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Terry,

"Gummy chit"...… Form taps. They are your friend.

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros
Model Machine and Precision LLC

full

full

Tim, probably only if the never had a Harding. A lot had to do with how the were taken care of, but new out of the crate I preferred the Harding.

My error, John... saying one thing, thinking the other... I had Hardinge in my mind. Good catch, and thanks.

I think the Hardinge sales rep even used the 'Cadillac' reference in his pitch. Pre-GM days, we worked at a wind sensitivity instrument

concern in TC, R.M. Young Co., and they bought nothing but the best tooling.

I've always been a fan of Monarch lathes. Not knocking Hardinge, but the Monarchs were something else.
Bob

I've always been a fan of Monarch lathes. Not knocking Hardinge, but the Monarchs were something else.
Bob
Bob,

I'd walk ten miles past a Monarch, carrying my stock, to turn my parts on a Hardinge… Just sayin'...

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros

Terry,

Good God.... Where'd you dig those dinosaurs up from? :cool::eek:

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros

Terry,

You have too much time on your hands. You need to get a hobby.... :cool:

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros

Got a steel shoe clutch from Dave Marles and modified it to take a one way bearing. This way when I close the throttle at 30K (or the motor stops suddenly - yikes) the wheel can keep freewheeling as I apply the brake.

Got about a 3 tenths press fit in the housing, the inner race is keyed to the shaft (15 mm). Apparently the clutch comes in about 13-15K so I'll be able to start the motor without turning a 20 lb. boat anchor.

I owe my buddy Rudy big for consulting fees... :eek:

full

full

full

full

full
full

full
full

Last edited:
Terry,

You forgot to include mad scientist..... 🧐😁