Run in stand/dyno build.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, looked at those Lovejoy type couplings but didn't want to "soften" the drive line thinking it might mess up the dyno information.

ljMORE-Flexible-Coupling.jpg

Re-working the ball and pin as we speak, I might be able to fit a 1/4" pin in there (was 0.160") with flats. If that breaks I'll probably try these...

Terry I don't think it would change any readings. Would be nice to try a back to back and see?

Terry I don't think it would change any readings. Would be nice to try a back to back and see?

Ya, prolly wouldn't effect things too much, would be consistent at least.

When I was figuring this whole thing out months ago I looked at Lovejoy fittings and they weren't rated for near the rpm, I'm sure Dave's would work tho...

When you going to fire that bad boy up again?
Better yet sell it to me I will give it a work out.....LOL

Also recommended is a sleeve over the rubber spider as at about 20,000 rpm and above it has the tendency to try to grow out of the coupling.

Charles

I have had no problem using the sleeve over the rubber at all. I am not using a lovejoy coupling but one that I made.

Using .020 clearance from the rubber to the sleeve with the sleeve pressed on to one side of the coupling and .010 clearance from the sleeve over the other side of the coupling.
I have spun this combination to HIGH RPMs.....

Charles

Last edited:
OPS made a nice coupler also with round isolators on 3 pins that went in to the receiver. I will look and see if I can fin a pic of it.

Nice find. I bet there are alot of these laying around since the advent of CNC machines. I still do alot of manual machining and I often wish I had one. Can I ask how much you paid for it?
Bob

Back