• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

RR 45 and MAC 45s

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piper_chuck

Sadly, the sell off begins. I've held onto most of my boating stuff during a couple seasons off, and it's clear at this point that I won't have the free time to race at anywhere near the level I used to. I have free access to a lake, in my backyard, so I can run whenever I want, but it's not closed. The though of having a runaway 70 MPH rigger run into someone's $60K barefooting boat isn't appealing, so, as I find time to unpack things, I'm going to put most of my stuff for sale...

In the name of transparency, post questions and offers to the thread rather than sending PMs. The first person to post I'll take it, or something along those lines, gets it. Payment can be Paypal or money order. Shipping charges will be actual.

I'm starting with my .45 Roadrunner and a couple MAC .45 engines.

I bought the boat from someone else in D12. After I got it I went completely through it to freshen it up. I painted the sponsons and cowl with Klass Kote. I installed a Walt Barney tank and new flex shaft. I custom built the stand and it's included. I also installed a Don F needle base with OS needle. All 3 servos and radio switch are included. Add engine, pipe, receiver, battery, and fuel and it's ready to go. Asking price is $225 plus shipping. Going to Daniel. Working on packing and getting shipping price.

I also have two MAC 45 engines.

One was in the RR. The person I bought it from said Don Ferrette had freshened it before he bought it. I only ran this at a few races. It was thoroughly flushed and lubed with after run oil after each day. Bearings feel good and compression is strong. Asking $175 plus shipping. Sold to Dick Jones. Shipped

The second one is the engine I ran in my sport 40 for several seasons. This had quite a bit of use, but was still running strong at the last race. Plenty of people in D12 are familiar with how well this engine ran. It could use new bearings, although they feel ok. Compression is not as strong as the other engine, but the last time I raced it was strong as ever. Asking $150 plus shipping. Sold to Chris Jenkins, paid

Other things that I should be able to find fairly quickly, but don't have pics of yet:

The AB parabolic .45 pipes and headers that were used with the above engines. The one from the RR is almost new. Sold to Chris, paid.

Two uncut RR 45 ABS cowls. $20 each. Bert gets one.

My PT SS45 sport 45. It is very well setup, but has been through lots of racing. Unfortunately, it is missing the cowl, lost it when I got too close to a buoy at the last race. $100 OBO. Cowl was found. Asking $125 plus shipping of boat from me and cowl from Dick. Going to Wally assuming shipping is tolerable.

Futaba R603FS receivers. I had made the switch to 2.4 a couple seasons before retiring, so none of these have much use. I have several more of these than I will ever need. $65 each. Phil's shipped Monday. Jon's two shipped Wed. No more available for now

Five cell NIMH battery packs. Capacity is in the 2000 mah+ range. Same as receivers, have too many. I will run these through a cycler a few times to test capacity before selling. $10 each. Four going to Charles. No more available for now.

rr_1.jpg

rr_4.jpg

rr_3.jpg

rr_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Futaba R603FS receivers. I had made the switch to 2.4 a couple seasons before retiring, so none of these have much use. I have several more of these than I will ever need. $65 each.

I will buy one of the 603fs rec.

Chuck,

If the Sport 40 cowl you lost ( at the Greensboro pond ? ) was a turbine cowl, red in color with silver windshield and silver turbine cover I have it. It was found at last years race when they were looking for another sunk boat. They also found a B hydro that Frank Sechrest lost about 8 years earlier! If this is your cowl I will send it to whoever buys your boat if they pay the postage.

Dick Tyndall

Chuck,

If the Sport 40 cowl you lost ( at the Greensboro pond ? ) was a turbine cowl, red in color with silver windshield and silver turbine cover I have it. It was found at last years race when they were looking for another sunk boat. They also found a B hydro that Frank Sechrest lost about 8 years earlier! If this is your cowl I will send it to whoever buys your boat if they pay the postage.

Dick Tyndall
Dick, that's great news. Definitely sounds like mine. I may want to get it back, having the cowl means I could run the boat again without a major rebuild. Pic of boat from a while ago is below:

SP40_Side.jpg

Futaba R603FS receivers. I had made the switch to 2.4 a couple seasons before retiring, so none of these have much use. I have several more of these than I will ever need. $65 each.

I will buy one of the 603fs rec.
One is set aside for you.

I'm interested in the PT SS45 sport 45. Can you please send pics to [email protected] when you have an opportunity to take some.

Thanks

Wally
Wally, there's a pic of it from a while ago in my reply to Dick. As you can guess, I don't know the condition of the cowl. Assuming it's available, the price for the boat would go up, a bit. Some of the guys in D12 could probably tell you I have lots of fond memories of racing this boat. I'll get some pics of it as is is now and will rethink the price.

Hi Chuck, Interested in the pipes:

The AB parabolic .45 pipes and headers that were used with the above engines

Please send me a price shipped to 48309 (Rochester Hills, MI).

Thanks,

Chris

Thanks,

Chris
Just came in for a short break. I'll shoot pics next to a ruler later today. They were both cut some, can't remember how much.

Sadly, the sell off begins. I've held onto most of my boating stuff during a couple seasons off, and it's clear at this point that I won't have the free time to race at anywhere near the level I used to. I have free access to a lake, in my backyard, so I can run whenever I want, but it's not closed. The though of having a runaway 70 MPH rigger run into someone's $60K barefooting boat isn't appealing, so, as I find time to unpack things, I'm going to put most of my stuff for sale...

In the name of transparency, post questions and offers to the thread rather than sending PMs. The first person to post I'll take it, or something along those lines, gets it. Payment can be Paypal or money order. Shipping charges will be actual.

I'm starting with my .45 Roadrunner and a couple MAC .45 engines.

I bought the boat from someone else in D12. After I got it I went completely through it to freshen it up. I painted the sponsons and cowl with Klass Kote. I installed a Walt Barney tank and new flex shaft. I custom built the stand and it's included. I also installed a Don F needle base with OS needle. All 3 servos and radio switch are included. Add engine, pipe, receiver, battery, and fuel and it's ready to go. Asking price is $225 plus shipping.

I also have two MAC 45 engines.

One was in the RR. The person I bought it from said Don Ferrette had freshened it before he bought it. I only ran this at a few races. It was thoroughly flushed and lubed with after run oil after each day. Bearings feel good and compression is strong. Asking $175 plus shipping.

The second one is the engine I ran in my sport 40 for several seasons. This had quite a bit of use, but was still running strong at the last race. Plenty of people in D12 are familiar with how well this engine ran. It could use new bearings, although they feel ok. Compression is not as strong as the other engine, but the last time I raced it was strong as ever. Asking $150 plus shipping. In light of the cowl for the SS45 being located, I may keep this, but for now it's still available.

Other things that I should be able to find fairly quickly, but don't have pics of yet:

The AB parabolic .45 pipes and headers that were used with the above engines. The one from the RR is almost new.

Two uncut RR 45 ABS cowls. $20 each.

My PT SS45 sport 45. It is very well setup, but has been through lots of racing. Unfortunately, it is missing the cowl, lost it when I got too close to a buoy at the last race. $100 OBO. It seems the cowl was found. Temporarily off the market while I determine the condition of the cowl and rethink the price.

Futaba R603FS receivers. I had made the switch to 2.4 a couple seasons before retiring, so none of these have much use. I have several more of these than I will ever need. $65 each. Three spoken for, no more available for now

Five cell NIMH battery packs. Capacity is in the 2000 mah+ range. Same as receivers, have too many. I will run these through a cycler a few times to test capacity before selling. $10 each.

rr_1.jpg

rr_4.jpg

rr_3.jpg

rr_2.jpg
Chuck, i will take the Mac .45 for $175.00 plus shipping.

Let me know your paypal address please.

dick

Chuck,

Dick Tyndall
Dick, that's great news. Definitely sounds like mine. I may want to get it back, having the cowl means I could run the boat again without a major rebuild. Pic of boat from a while ago is below:

SP40_Side.jpg
The cowl I have is the same one on your boat in the picture! It is not broken anywhere. Looks like the cowl locks at the rear pulled out of where they were mounted inside the hull. It is the same cowl I have on my Sport 40 which is why someone gave it to me. If you send me your address I will send it to you this coming week. Glad to see it get back to where it belongs............

Dick Tyndall

Sorry Chuck,

I just noticed your request for posts vs. PM's

Would you be willing to sell the RR45 shipping included to 48017 for yoru $225 price? I can PayPal or send a MoneyOrder ASAP

Thanks,

Mike

Chuck,

Dick Tyndall

SP40_Side.jpg
Chuck I'm interested in the ss45 phil thomas hull. please send pixs to [email protected].. you know I can fix just about any wrecked hull.

Thanks,

Chris
Chris,

Pics are below. The billet header is uncut and slides inside the pipe. For both pics the left end is lined up with the 10" mark. The one on top was in the RR and the bottom one was in the SS45. How's $130 shiiped USPS priority for the pair?

DSC_3904.jpg

DSC_3905.jpg

Sorry Chuck,

I just noticed your request for posts vs. PM's

Would you be willing to sell the RR45 shipping included to 48017 for yoru $225 price? I can PayPal or send a MoneyOrder ASAP

Thanks,

Mike
Mike, there's another offer for the asking price plus shipping. Since you offered first, I'll let you reconsider paying the shipping charge. Otherwise, It's going to Daniel.

Back