Rod Geraghty Had a Stroke

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sending wishes for Rod's family to find the strength to go through this. I've have always cherished his articles on this Website and I have an hand written note from him about modifying CMB Engines.

Sincerely,
Ken Johnson

I remember emailing Rod many many years ago about modifying a .21 for me ..

He simply said "Leave it alone and run it as it is"
He also said he did not modify 21 engines much as they are generally fine as they were from the manufacturer..

Thanks Rod.

Very sad to hear about Rod. I enjoyed our Spirited discussions about boats and life when I got to see him. As we get older there is no substitute for time so while things in the world are a mess. Try to enjoy the things you love and love to do while we can. Rod hope you are having a good time up above.

Chris

Can’t believe it. He just did 2 .21 outboards for me 2 months ago had a great time on the phone. He was the nicest guy and would help you with anything. He gave me all the information to switch to electric. Gonna really miss him.

Truly a Great man….

Attachments

• D5CD8E73-626C-47E9-B166-B726D9CC3083.jpeg
    D5CD8E73-626C-47E9-B166-B726D9CC3083.jpeg
    292.1 KB · Views: 67
I just found out about Rod's passing. I haven't been online much the past few months after having strokes myself, the first one on October 9th and another in January. Those things hit you with no warning.
If you're an RC boater just about everybody knew Rod's name. His name came up on my Caller ID, I don't know how he got it but care. We talked abut .12 nitro engines for a while then years later met the man in person at the Hobart races. He didn't race but there for anyone who needed his help.

sad to hear.
he was still contributing to the model comunity.
im sure his contributions will continue to do good in the future

We managed to open up the afternoon and make Rods party. It was as expected., lots of great memory's and some GREAT story's..

Walster
Mike Hall
David Hall
Shelia Z and Me..

The family is doing well knowing Rod is in the grace of God.

Grim

Attachments

• 20220312_155106.jpg
    20220312_155106.jpg
    485.7 KB · Views: 87
I first met Rod at a race in Olympia in 1990 for an APBA nats I believe when he was running tunnels of his own design and a sport 40. Always had a gorgeous wood decking. And those boats were always at the top of the heap. Easy to talk to and of course as everyone knows a wealth of knowledge. Huge loss in the model world for sure. Keep strummin those guitars Rod.....

Latest posts

Back