Rigger 10S1P, Scorpion HK 4035 Schulze 32-200WK (Updated with video)

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brushless Devil

Hello Guys,i m needing some help from you...

I have a 41 inch rigger powered by 10S 45C desire power batteries, with a HK4035 800KV motor with a 1655 octura prop.

When i used the YGE200 i defined the timing and switching frquency,altough i now use the Schulze 32 200WK, and that parameters are defined automatically by the speed controller!

The problem is that after runing 2 or 3 minutes the speed controller and motor are hot(none of them is watercooled),but when i used the YGE200 both the motor and speed controller were a lot colder!

The setup is exactly the same,only changed the speed controller....Does anyone have experience with the schulze speed controllers?

Not only that,but after exiting a curve if i give full throttle most of the times the speed controller,cuts off,that never happened with the YGE200...you can check that one or two times in the video..

Any input would be really appreciated...

This is me,and the boat..

24375_112366858785353_100000361187720_155435_623431_n.jpg

a small video with mine N97

Very Best Regards,and keep doing the good work

Very Cool. Im sorry. Im not familiar with the esc. I believe the timing is off. You should check the manual and then find out what the timing should be for that motor.

Brad

You should check the manual and then find out what the timing should be for that motor.
The Scorpions are not listed in the manual, but they need some advance - around 15 degrees has worked for me. Too, the new Schulzes no longer have manually adjustable timing or frequency via the DIP switches. I do not have a programing cable so I don't know if you can make those changes through a laptop interface.

The problem could well be the timing or the frequency the ESC chooses. My HK4025/6 will sometimes lose contact with the ESC and stop or slow down if I have too much timing on the Castle Hydra. Frequency setting is important with these motors too. The distributor told me to start with the lowest frequency and work up until the motor misses, then back down. He also said that lowering the PWM frequency might help.

You are not the only one to have issues with the new Schulze controllers. Oh, that is not enough prop for that motor/cell setup. A cupped/pitched 1662 to 1667 should get you hooked up; work up slowly and watch for heat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your valuable input....

Hello Jay Turner....Still have in my room.."Basics of Fast Electrics"....I can assure you it helped me a lot in mine learning curve back in the 80's....

From what i see in the software(Akkusoft) i can change the timing by defining it manually,altough the switching frequency can´t be changed, and i had problems with the scorpions runing at 16Khz...

With the YGE200 it runned a lot cooler,motor and speed controller...I can tell you that it was the best speed controller i had until,unfortunately it was discontinued......

Now i don´t know what to do because i have afraid of burning motor and/or speed controller!If it were with the YGE200 i would try the props you recommend,but in this instance...i won´t give a try...too many $$$ to burn!

Best Begards

P.S...Mine first rigger was a yellow jacket... ;)

Back