Retirement

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PAUL STIRTON

I have made a very difficult decision that I will most likely be retiring from racing at the end of the year.

I have made life long friends that will continue away from racing. This is probably going to be a decision that I will come to regret,but life goes on.

I have amassed some of the best, fastest and rarest boats on the planet. I have some some of the biggest races on the planet.I'm not exactly sure if I will be selling them all of just keeping them on my wall of speed.

Thank you for the memories.

Yeah Paul,,that's always a bit sad to hear and a difficult decision ,,I gave it away 25 years ago due to some problems and have regretted doing so,,I'm slowly getting back into it,,,glad I kept my boats,,I think I remember your name back in the 90s at either the Oran park pond or the Cables waterski park and Hunter valley club races ,Best of luck mate,,just get a boat wet every now and then 🙂

Wow,
Sorry to hear that Paul, you do what you need to do and enjoy life.
Save something to run later down the road.lol

I'm happy to have met you in Hobart

James

Hey Paul,
Hate to see ya go but the horizon must be pretty good to stop racing. Will miss the sound of that exhaust throttle twin though.
Cheers to you and keep safe .
Larry

Al when you have put all of your heart and soul into all forms of Motorsport,only be be screwed over and treated like rubbish buy the ones you care about the most. You unfortunately end up in a level of depression that nothing will fix.
So I have made the decision to take some time and look after myself.
A lot of people in model boating need to have a good look at themselves,if they want this hobby to grow.

Sounds like there is more to the story than what is on the surface... whatever you are going through, give it some time and things will hopefully change for the better for you..

Keep your boats, and power down your transmitters for a while...I did this several years ago, and now that I am getting back into the hobby, I don't think I will be racing very much, but will be taking my boats out for the enjoyment of running again and supporting a hobby that I love.

No longer going to chase keeping up with the newest/ bestest wiget out this weekend, and trying to keep up with running all over several states for points races etc...
Been there, done that,,, brought home some trophies..Those days are behind me now..

This time it's for the fun of things.

If you need anything or just want to chat, just hit me up with a PM..
always open to helping a brother out !!

I went through a relationship breakup a year ago,after being together for 28 years,so it's been a bit tough. With some time, and focusing on the things I like doing, I have managed to pull myself out of my sadness and prioritize my self worth and happiness,Society doesn't care what us men go through, as we are expected to carry the burden of performance in life,, and this Covid thing has added a lot of pressure on people as well.
As Frank mentioned,,I have also won the trophies,had the fastest boat at some point,,but now,I'm just happy to run the oval course at the local club ,and tinker around with my existing engines/boats,,
Hang in there Paul,,Keep tinkering,,cheers mate

keep them you will be back........................................I know from experience.
Getting ready to sell my home and every thing in it and move into my new trailer and travel.
I will keep my boats some where as I know that I will be back to it some day.
Gave it up to build a full size boat and said I will not get dragged back into it.
Well I still got dragged back in after that adventure.
So now off on the next adventure.

Al when you have put all of your heart and soul into all forms of Motorsport,only be be screwed over and treated like rubbish buy the ones you care about the most. You unfortunately end up in a level of depression that nothing will fix.
So I have made the decision to take some time and look after myself.
A lot of people in model boating need to have a good look at themselves,if they want this hobby to grow.
I completely agree there at the end of the day you are suppose to have fun and some of the behavior I have seen not only running boats but in other forms of motorsports I am involved with really can take the wind out of a persons sails. Keep some boats they are easy to sell but harder to replace as of most stuff. wish you the best take care.

Just letting everyone know that I'm doing okay. I have some very good friends in the model boating world, they know who they are and have reached out to see if I was okay. I have a very long conversation with one this morning. my time.
I would like nothing more than to publicly name some people, but that would only cause more issues and give more stress to a very good friend. People will still see me at races, especially Charlestown Fall Nats. Maybe as a boat owner, but not driver or just to sit in the pits and party.

Paul get your azz over here, let's get the 45 boats out, rubber band the throttles and go at it for 6 laps like we did in Mt Vernon. I'll never forget that heat, or the beer on the ceiling 🤣

Just letting everyone know that I'm doing okay. I have some very good friends in the model boating world, they know who they are and have reached out to see if I was okay. I have a very long conversation with one this morning. my time.
I would like nothing more than to publicly name some people, but that would only cause more issues and give more stress to a very good friend. People will still see me at races, especially Charlestown Fall Nats. Maybe as a boat owner, but not driver or just to sit in the pits and party.

I will gladly be your sponsored driver ;) :cool: :cool: :D

Paul after the 24 years of me racing these boats. I can tell you the ones who try to ruin it for others end up falling out and quiting and moving on. They may leave a wake of destruction behind them but it will get repaired soon after by more fun and exciting times with out their punk asses lol. Keep your rocketships, and keep having fun in YOUR way and let them either fall into the pit they dug or blow off down the road. Take care bud.

You will be missed stateside, that's for sure, you and your partner inn crime the other Paul. We had a lot of fun at the Hobart banquet as I'm thinking that Francois, Allan Yuen, Phil Thomas, you two and I all sat at the same table one year.
Do what you have to do as I don't know what I'd do if I left RC boating, maybe back to fishing.

Latest posts

Back