Retirement

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sam,

Best dam boat race of my life. Two goods friends racing extremely hard but fair. Then spraying that guys Beer all over the walls and ceiling at the Hotel
I remember coming around the corner from the elevator that morning and totally forgot that had happened 3 hours prior... I made eye contact with yiu and you were shoveling eggs in your mouth laughing your ass off...

Attachments

• 49C55D2C-C3DB-4316-BA6E-43455E85C868.jpeg
    49C55D2C-C3DB-4316-BA6E-43455E85C868.jpeg
    223.2 KB · Views: 88
I remember coming around the corner from the elevator that morning and totally forgot that had happened 3 hours prior... I made eye contact with yiu and you were shoveling eggs in your mouth laughing your ass off...

I think we consumed enough alcohol that night to float a battleship........... 🤪

Paul my friend I quick racing for 15 years and I sold everything I had except the stuff I build tanks with it sat in my shop where I had to walk buy it every time I came in my shop and one day I looked at it very hard and in that roll of stainless I saw all my friends at the races and I saw all the good times we had and I saw what got me started when I was 13 years old and that was the thrill and excitement that boat and that little motor gave me and I said to my self I better get back to what I loved and that was building tanks and boats so I could enjoy something more than just work so I hope you find that spark that lit your RC boat fire again so I can see that BAD ASS TWIN run in Charleston again you and Don always put on a awesome show with them jag boats
Peace my friend and I hope everything works out for you my friend

Last edited:
Al when you have put all of your heart and soul into all forms of Motorsport,only be be screwed over and treated like rubbish buy the ones you care about the most. You unfortunately end up in a level of depression that nothing will fix.
So I have made the decision to take some time and look after myself.
A lot of people in model boating need to have a good look at themselves,if they want this hobby to grow.
Dammit man I was hoping to do some racing with you and have some Rum Cake and Apple Pie sometime this year buddy !! Keep some of your weaponry you have amassed !! Hope to see you this year !!

Just letting everyone know that I'm doing okay. I have some very good friends in the model boating world, they know who they are and have reached out to see if I was okay. I have a very long conversation with one this morning. my time.
I would like nothing more than to publicly name some people, but that would only cause more issues and give more stress to a very good friend. People will still see me at races, especially Charlestown Fall Nats. Maybe as a boat owner, but not driver or just to sit in the pits and party.
Just saw this and this is good news ! We will make a large batch of refreshments !!

In October 2007 i had a CNC machine shop that was starting to do pretty well when I went in the hospital for what I thought was going to be an angiogram and maybe a couple of stents. Turned out to be 5 cardiac bypasses and a new aortic valve.

I got out of the hospital about 5 days later and as I was leaving the hospital my wife told me “l’ve never given you an ultimatum before, but here’s one.

She gave me till January 1st, 2008 to make up my mind, but I had to choose between her and my shop. I thought I made the sight choice when I decided to sell the shop and retire.

Turns out retirement for me was a HUGE mistake.I was off for about 3 months when I bought a small CNC milling machine and Mid Day Machining was born. At Mid Day Machining, I never took a job that was more than 25 pieces and if I couldn’t hold a half dozen pieces in one hand they were too big and I wouldn’t take the job.

That’s when I started to get questioned about some of the RC boat hardware I was making and it wasn’t long before Mid Day Machining turned into Seebold Motor Sports and I started producing lots of parts for gas powered boats. I make what’s known on Jim’s Boat Dock as the Ron Buck Super Stinger, Ron didn’t make that stinger, I did. Rudder standoffs with internal water passages, a tee-bar with up and down as well as left to right adjustment and a gas bag holder that only weighs less than 3.5 ounces.

I have a gas bag holder that weighs a lot less than 3.5 ozs....
It consists of 5 cup hooks and 2 rubber bands!!
C1C507B8-D9DA-4573-B7C5-DEC758D71338.jpeg
In October 2007 i had a CNC machine shop that was starting to do pretty well when I went in the hospital for what I thought was going to be an angiogram and maybe a couple of stents. Turned out to be 5 cardiac bypasses and a new aortic valve.

I got out of the hospital about 5 days later and as I was leaving the hospital my wife told me “l’ve never given you an ultimatum before, but here’s one.

She gave me till January 1st, 2008 to make up my mind, but I had to choose between her and my shop. I thought I made the sight choice when I decided to sell the shop and retire.

Turns out retirement for me was a HUGE mistake.I was off for about 3 months when I bought a small CNC milling machine and Mid Day Machining was born. At Mid Day Machining, I never took a job that was more than 25 pieces and if I couldn’t hold a half dozen pieces in one hand they were too big and I wouldn’t take the job.

That’s when I started to get questioned about some of the RC boat hardware I was making and it wasn’t long before Mid Day Machining turned into Seebold Motor Sports and I started producing lots of parts for gas powered boats. I make what’s known on Jim’s Boat Dock as the Ron Buck Super Stinger, Ron didn’t make that stinger, I did. Rudder standoffs with internal water passages, a tee-bar with up and down as well as left to right adjustment and a gas bag holder that only weighs less than 3.5 ounces.

This is what retirement is to me.
Selling every thing and off I Go>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
1630627410586.png
This is retirement.......................Chasing Wyoming golden trout.

This is what retirement is to me.
Selling every thing and off I Go>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
View attachment 295286
This is retirement.......................Chasing Wyoming golden trout.

I tried that. We bought a 33 foot Tiffin motor home and thought we’d spend some serious time on the road. We even joined a motor home club.

We had the coach for about 2 years and we went a few places but every time we would come through Washington we’d always say it’s so beautiful up here we should just move, so we sold our house in Southern California, bought a house in Vancouver Washington and made the move.

When we got here my wife wanted to have some remodel work done on the house we bought and we figured we’d me in the motor home for 3 to 4 weeks. Well, we arrived June 22nd 2019 and we finally moved i the house September 38th. That was 4 months living in the motor home. It had reached the point where every time we went into the moho it just kept getting smaller. After we got into the house, I didn’t even want to back into the moho for anything so In May of 2020 after paying $225 storage for 6 months, we decided that discretion is the better part of valor and making 6 $990.00 payments without using it, we decided to sell it.

It’s been gone since May 2020 and I don’t miss it even a little bit.

To each his own.
The rig and truck are paid for with $$$$ we will owe no one any thing after the house is sold.
Will see how it works out.
May or may not but I will find out first hand for my self.

David,

The video didn’t show us all the Golden Trout that you have caught on your last trip out West. “Where’s The Fish” ?

Living The Dream In Northern Michigan,

Mark Sholund

David,

The video didn’t show us all the Golden Trout that you have caught on your last trip out West. “Where’s The Fish” ?

Living The Dream In Northern Michigan,

Mark Sholund
Never made it up to them yet. But I will soon......Here are a few from last summers trip to Montana and the trip this spring to Colorado.
1630848934358.png
1630848990100.png
Bull trout from Montana.
1630849058296.png
Cutbow from Montana
1630849127470.png
Dinner Rainbow and Brown.
1630849228595.png
No can never catch to many fish............................

Last edited:
Ken,

I am still saving for my retirement so I can do whatever I want to do
when I retire in four years. Living in northern Michigan is a much nicer place to live than most other places in our Great Lakes state.

Enjoy Testing,

Mark Sholund

Latest posts

Back