resto mod old school rigger

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have a question and i apologize for putting this here but didnt think it was deserving of its on thread. i have a brand new marine ops in a jae 12gt rigger, and it starts up right away but still needs to go thru the break in period. it will stall everytime and it will sink except for the tip the sponssons, because of the pipe and how shallow th tub walls are... i was going to run a tank full off gas and hold it in a kitty pool to break it in , making sure the motormis getting cooling flow of course, i used to brerak old rc planes motors in on the bench decades ago, but figure i little kitty pull or tupperware full of water will work. any suggestions > thanks

What part # is that OPS pipe...should say on the red box.

What part # is that OPS pipe...should say on the red box.
i still have the red ops BOX tuned pipe OP# 42800. i had a real hard time finding the correct curved fitting between the tuned pipe and motor it goes down then back. when it really should go up and back. even though its low ,its height is right above the sponson bars so theres no drag. the motor runs great . it fires right up. but will bog out even if i have someone give it that little extra toss on the water. ive had a handful of O.S. motors, picco etc.. and stuff from world engines back in the 80s. but this is the first marine ops motor ive ever had. i didnt build this one but i did have to put the motor in and electronics. i think im running it just little too rich , as its a nice motor and i want to break it in properly or it will be worthless. i could post a few more pics , but dont want to be a pest. i just need to lean it out a little . i have to many rigger kits right now, some built some not all the way fininshed. but i want to run this boat at least once before i sell it.

i still have the red ops BOX tuned pipe OP# 42800. i had a real hard time finding the correct curved fitting between the tuned pipe and motor it goes down then back. when it really should go up and back. even though its low ,its height is right above the sponson bars so theres no drag. the motor runs great . it fires right up. but will bog out even if i have someone give it that little extra toss on the water. ive had a handful of O.S. motors, picco etc.. and stuff from world engines back in the 80s. but this is the first marine ops motor ive ever had. i didnt build this one but i did have to put the motor in and electronics. i think im running it just little too rich , as its a nice motor and i want to break it in properly or it will be worthless. i could post a few more pics , but dont want to be a pest. i just need to lean it out a little . i have to many rigger kits right now, some built some not all the way fininshed. but i want to run this boat at least once before i sell it.

Attachments

• 20230525_064906.jpg
    20230525_064906.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230525_064750.jpg
    20230525_064750.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230525_065039.jpg
    20230525_065039.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back