Resin Paint Help Needed

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mario Johnston

I've been having a hard time painting a resin driver figure.
-Started with a light 220 grit sand then Tamiya model primer at room temp, allowed to dry between light coats. But dried tacky.
-Sanded down to resin again, tried same process with Rustoleum primer, no difference. Even tried to cure in a painters oven between coats.
Nothing is adhering to this thing, any help wouldn't be hugely appreciated!
20210121_211613.jpg

I've been having a hard time painting a resin driver figure.
-Started with a light 220 grit sand then Tamiya model primer at room temp, allowed to dry between light coats. But dried tacky.
-Sanded down to resin again, tried same process with Rustoleum primer, no difference. Even tried to cure in a painters oven between coats.
Nothing is adhering to this thing, any help wouldn't be hugely appreciated!
View attachment 287373
Must be clean. The best adhesion primer comes in two or three parts, primer,hardener,activator.
I use three part Sikkens color build, sticks to anything including your skin..for days...
Professional materials adhere better cause they keep the paint on a 50-100k car or truck that gets pressure washed and storm blasted. Try putting drywall plaster filler on your boat then after its painted put a sticker on it where you used the filler and peel it a month later. The paint will peel off with the sticker because the primer will not stick to the drywall plaster.The same happens to a poor primer thats used first. The rattle can stuff works if its not to be taped on or bumped around.

Back