Replacing batteries in a Stalker Radar gun

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Ferrette

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Vendor
Hey all you FE aces, need some help. My Stalker Pro radar gun batteries are toast. These are mounted in the handle that slides into a charge base then the gun & they will not charge. I've contacted a couple Stalker "service centers" & they all want to sell me new handles that quite honestly are way overpriced. The fact that with removing a couple screws the batteries are staring you in the face makes that even more irritating. These appear to be sub C cells & was hoping someone here could replace the batteries for me. I'm sure I could wind up doing myself, after I've located the cells ... the right size shrink wrap ... the correct tabs ... etc, etc but I'm turning to you FE guru's who could probably sleep walk through this cell replacement. Anyone up to the task? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Don,

I replaced a set of batteries in one of my battery packs last year in my Stalker Solo gun. Got them off e bay (they are sub c - if I recall correctly are 6 and are 1800 's), unsoldered the tabs with the packs, resoldered the new pack onto the handle tab, reassembled and charged them up. Works like a charm. Old ones were 1200's and these last longer. Got 2 packs for about $24.00 including shipping and were already shrink wrapped. It is the way to go as Stalker is ripping us off. No need to replace the handles with the batteries. If I can do it you can!!

John

Don,I replaced a set of batteries in one of my battery packs last year in my Stalker Solo gun. Got them off e bay (they are sub c - if I recall correctly are 6 and are 1800 's), unsoldered the tabs with the packs, resoldered the new pack onto the handle tab, reassembled and charged them up. Works like a charm. Old ones were 1200's and these last longer. Got 2 packs for about $24.00 including shipping and were already shrink wrapped. It is the way to go as Stalker is ripping us off. No need to replace the handles with the batteries. If I can do it you can!!

John
Well I certainly appreciate that info but right now my biggest enemy is TIME. I've got two scale boats going together, at least one of them has to be ready for Atlanta. I need every minute I can spare, that's why I asked if any of the FE guys could knock it out as I need it for spring testing. Since it's been quiet on this here I think I might need to post this request on the general forum as I guess everyone in here is still mad at me for playin' devil's advocate on the lipo rules..... :lol: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.batteriesamerica.com/

You should be able to find the batteries here.

Upgrade the pack to NIMH they last alot longer than Nicad

You could have bought a Decatur Radar Prospeed, they have the plug and play Black and Decker versapack batteries, If they crap out you just go buy a couple new batteries and plug them in.

Hey I have a couple drivers looking for a scale hydro ride. I will send them your way.

PHIL

Back