Remote Needle

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hammerhead

I have a NR .12 5 port that I'm running with Glenn's carb mod. I'm using an O.S 46 AX remote needle with it http://pics.towerhob...o/losmg6980.jpg. It works fantastic. I'm using the same for my NR 35+, but I have my doubts about whether this is the right one for this engine. If you could, show me what you all are using on your 35+ engines. LINKS, photos, and pro vs. cons will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a NR .12 5 port that I'm running with Glenn's carb mod. I'm using an O.S 46 AX remote needle with it http://pics.towerhob...o/losmg6980.jpg. It works fantastic. I'm using the same for my NR 35+, but I have my doubts about whether this is the right one for this engine. If you could, show me what you all are using on your 35+ engines. LINKS, photos, and pro vs. cons will be greatly appreciated.
Marty, I use one of these My linkwith a base that I made myself.

Jim,

That is a good one. Do you guys need more 12 test propellers?

Marty,

I don't think the 45 needle will flow enough on the top end for that

motor.

I use the 9B or bigger needle on all of my engines.

Enjoy Testing and Racing Jim,

Mark Sholund

Jim,

Marty,

motor.

Mark Sholund
Mark, If you have any props for the 12 or 21 to test I would be happy to give them a try. I am running the 40 x 53 and a 1452 now but could use more especially on the 21.

Marty, if you decide to use the OS needle I can build you a base any configuration you need. Let me know

Jim

Jim,

Marty,

motor.

Mark Sholund
Mark, If you have any props for the 12 or 21 to test I would be happy to give them a try. I am running the 40 x 53 and a 1452 now but could use more especially on the 21.

Marty, if you decide to use the OS needle I can build you a base any configuration you need. Let me know

Okay! Probably to late to do anything about it by Saturday's race, but I will talk to you about it then.

Jim

i use a ferrette base with the needle jim has in his link. don ferrette has 2 sizes of bases in 2 styles (righty & lefty), for the different size engines & mounting constraints.

i use a ferrette base with the needle jim has in his link. don ferrette has 2 sizes of bases in 2 styles (righty & lefty), for the different size engines & mounting constraints.
I use the same setup in several boats, makes for a clean, compact, trouble free installation. Don's bases also work with some of the non radio adjustable O.S.needles.

Back