remote Needell

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the style I'm taking about... they were made by Pinckert I think.. there were many copies..
yes, these became very popular at the time (mid-1980's). Pushed the trend for using remote fuel mixture devices. Don Pinckert referred to it as a "fuel injector".

Attachments

• PinckertCustomBoats_FuelInjector_SetupData_Circa1986_Page_1.jpg
    PinckertCustomBoats_FuelInjector_SetupData_Circa1986_Page_1.jpg
    763.2 KB · Views: 13
  • PinckertCustomBoats_FuelInjector_SetupData_Circa1986_Page_2.jpg
    PinckertCustomBoats_FuelInjector_SetupData_Circa1986_Page_2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 15
  • PinckertCustomBoats_FuelInjector_SetupData_Circa1986_Page_3.jpg
    PinckertCustomBoats_FuelInjector_SetupData_Circa1986_Page_3.jpg
    545.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Oct2012_Pinckert_RemoteIdleAdjustmentValve_02.jpg
    Oct2012_Pinckert_RemoteIdleAdjustmentValve_02.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 14
  • PinckertCustomBoats_NewsLetters_Circa1986_Page_1.jpg
    PinckertCustomBoats_NewsLetters_Circa1986_Page_1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
  • PinckertCustomBoats_NewsLetters_Circa1986_Page_2.jpg
    PinckertCustomBoats_NewsLetters_Circa1986_Page_2.jpg
    995.3 KB · Views: 12
  • PinckertCustomBoats_NewsLetters_Circa1986_Page_3.jpg
    PinckertCustomBoats_NewsLetters_Circa1986_Page_3.jpg
    775.5 KB · Views: 11
Thanks Doc,,, I didn't know if anyone was making them anymore. It is such a simple design and works very well. replace the o-rings once in a while,,tiny drop of blue locktite on the screws, and set it up with the flow box...simple.

It is beneficial to have a set of small diamond files to make adjustments to the slots if needed...

Rick,

I've never been a proponent of critical needle placement theory. Whatever the needle is flowing at any given snapshot in time is what is going through the spraybar at that same time. The volume in the fuel tubing doesn't change, so there is no delay in needle adjustment and mix ratio at the carb. Any "cleanout period" we think we hear is the result of the pipe cleaning itself out of excess fuel in the exhaust.

Place the needle where it is most convenient and allows for the best arrangement and access, then plumb accordingly. Don't be opposed to punching a hole in the side of the tub to gain access to the adjustment screw if you have to.

I've also been known to graft an OS needle socket into the spraybar of the carb. I also make a needle/boom block combination that works well in my BlackJack kits, but I know the Eagle doesn't use boom blocks. Just pulp for you to chew on.

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros
Model Machine and Precision LLC

Right... I've never had issues, either.... I just season the thought a bit before hard mounting.

Back