remote Needell

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks that helps

General consensus is that the closer to the carb/ tank arrangement, the better- as illustrated

by Tyler's Warlock.

Sometimes, packaging constraints dictate placement aft of the engine mounting, as was the case

with my JRX 45 hydro. I've not noticed any fuel draw/ supply issues, and it does offer a stiffer,

shorter coupled pushrod.

tim

SAM_1833.png

I have been out of this sport for over 20 years and I used a flow meter to set up the carb so with the remote Needle do you just open up the needle on the carb ? This is on a .21 keep thanks

so I would think I would set it max open on the remote is were you would set it with the flow gage for max speed then run it off a little unless you need it in a race if that makes sense lol

General consensus is that the closer to the carb/ tank arrangement, the better- as illustrated

by Tyler's Warlock.

Sometimes, packaging constraints dictate placement aft of the engine mounting, as was the case

with my JRX 45 hydro. I've not noticed any fuel draw/ supply issues, and it does offer a stiffer,

shorter coupled pushrod.

tim

View attachment 290217
Rick,

I've never been a proponent of critical needle placement theory. Whatever the needle is flowing at any given snapshot in time is what is going through the spraybar at that same time. The volume in the fuel tubing doesn't change, so there is no delay in needle adjustment and mix ratio at the carb. Any "cleanout period" we think we hear is the result of the pipe cleaning itself out of excess fuel in the exhaust.

Place the needle where it is most convenient and allows for the best arrangement and access, then plumb accordingly. Don't be opposed to punching a hole in the side of the tub to gain access to the adjustment screw if you have to.

I've also been known to graft an OS needle socket into the spraybar of the carb. I also make a needle/boom block combination that works well in my BlackJack kits, but I know the Eagle doesn't use boom blocks. Just pulp for you to chew on.

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros
Model Machine and Precision LLC

Most Eagles I have or have seen place the needle on the right hand side of the tub. There is not a lot of room near the rear booms.

Attachments

• DSCN6005.JPG
    DSCN6005.JPG
    922.1 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_6545.JPG
    IMG_6545.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 67
  • DSCN4046.jpg
    DSCN4046.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 67
  • post-1787-0-79084400-1419545076.jpg
    post-1787-0-79084400-1419545076.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 69
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 69
Doc,

I don't have any pics and I don't have any current set-ups to take pics of (I've had a build ongoing for seven years now :rolleyes:). But it's pretty simple. It's the right boom block, made wider, front to back, with an integrated OS needle socket machined directly behind the boom. The needle is mounted vertically, with the inlet and outlet pointing toward the rear of the boat.

I'll see if I can get a drawing together to further illustrate.

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros

Doesn't anyone build or use the small aluminum block type remote valves anymore?
I always liked them just for this reason....you could mount them to the side of the hull and the arm didn't take a lot of swing for adusting..

Doesn't anyone build or use the small aluminum block type remote valves anymore?
I always liked them just for this reason....you could mount them to the side of the hull and the arm didn't take a lot of swing for adusting..
Frank,

Not sure what you're referring to, but there are at least two "aluminum block" needle bases available that use the OS inflight needle valve assembly that are very compact. The Speedmaster is very similar to the one Don Ferrette offers. The primary difference being that the Ferrette block is purchased as a "left or right" version, and both inlet and outlet are on the same side, with both mounting holes on the other side. I would assume they function identically once configured as needed.

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros

This is the OS and I cut the knob off and slot the needle

Attachments

• 13DCC87D-65C3-4800-B543-86FEB15800D9.jpeg
    13DCC87D-65C3-4800-B543-86FEB15800D9.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 47
Frank,

Not sure what you're referring to, but there are at least two "aluminum block" needle bases available that use the OS inflight needle valve assembly that are very compact. The Speedmaster is very similar to the one Don Ferrette offers. The primary difference being that the Ferrette block is purchased as a "left or right" version, and both inlet and outlet are on the same side, with both mounting holes on the other side. I would assume they function identically once configured as needed.

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros

This is the style I'm taking about... they were made by Pinckert I think.. there were many copies..

Attachments

• Oct2012_Pinckert_RemoteIdleAdjustmentValve_02.jpg
    Oct2012_Pinckert_RemoteIdleAdjustmentValve_02.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 24
This is the style I'm taking about... they were made by Pinckert I think.. there were many copies..
Frank,

I know there were several similar options avialable in days gone by, but it seems most are grafting the OS unit in some way. To be honest, they seem just as compact as the Pinkert unit you pictured.

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros

I had a 67 rigger that I used the radio to mix two channels... as the carb rotated closed the mixture valve would also rotate towards lean.

Pull the trigger and the valve and carb rotated to the setting I flowed the high speed setting to. worked pretty cool...

I think what your talking about Frank was the Pinkert fuel injector and very similar in design was the fuel doctor flow control

Latest posts

Back