Reducing TE cup on 19deg-38bar abc

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I knew a guy that used some sort of dental material to mold a prop once he was satisfied with the way it worked....his wife got it from a place she worked..... it hardened enough so that he could hammer on it..... I remember he had some 1667 molds that were awesome!!

I knew a guy that used some sort of dental material to mold a prop once he was satisfied with the way it worked....his wife got it from a place she worked..... it hardened enough so that he could hammer on it..... I remember he had some 1667 molds that were awesome!!
You can do that same thing with a 2 part puddy that I got from west mariine. I have made prop molds with it. I just mount a shaft in a block of wood. Then spray prop with WD40. Then mix up the puddy and shape it to fit the blade area. Works awesome. It is the old school to make prop duplicators. Here is a link to a simialr product to what I use.
https://www.amazon.com/4oz-Epoxy-Pu...59CVP55MHA6S&refRID=TG2T44C059CVP55MHA6S&th=1

Guys you can not play with the 38 bar props like the old Octura props. When I get the time I will post some things I found out about the 38 bar props. Thy only have a few blade pitch profiles and use the boost pitch to come up with the pitch ratios. Yes BOOST pitch not cup. Get cup out of your mind when you talk about the 38 bar props.

Guys you can not play with the 38 bar props like the old Octura props. When I get the time I will post some things I found out about the 38 bar props. Thy only have a few blade pitch profiles and use the boost pitch to come up with the pitch ratios. Yes BOOST pitch not cup. Get cup out of your mind when you talk about the 38 bar props.
Hummmmmm? Want to bet on it? I’m kinda new to this stuff but the old principles still apply, not sure how you used to work Octura props but the way I used to still seems to work for me.

Yep got a few Octura guys thinking different. Open your mind and throw away what you have learned.
Thy are not the same animal .
Not saying thy are better just different.
What where thy called?
GAME CHANGER?
Yes thy are a game changer.

Last edited:
Guys,

If you really want to know what makes the Newer ABC propellers better, just start measuring the leading edge pitch about 30% up the leading edge.
You will find the Newer ABC propellers have more leading edge pitch in them compared to the same size and pitch ratio of the older ABC and Octura propellers. The nicest part is that you now have choices of: rake angle, pitch ratios, and blade areas. Much better to dial in a boat with a few hundred more computer designed blades to choose from.
We also have found if you bend on them you change the rake angle of the blades and it will slow the boat down some. This is why I choose to grind the blades instead of sanding them.
3M EXL 2SFN unitized wheels do a beautiful job just like the pros use in their shops.👍

Thanks Jim Schaefer,

Mark Sholund

Last edited:
Mark check the blade after the 5 deg boost pitch on the 38 bar 21 and 22 diameter props and tell me what you find.
Then check just the 5 deg before the trailing edge and calculate the pitch ratio and tell me what you find?

Latest posts

Back