Rc boats Tallahassee fl

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I,m in Jax fl , north Florida gator dodger,s trying to get some people off there butts to run again
Hey Brian!
My dad was a member of the Gator Dodgers as well (Mitch Atwell?), starting in the mid to late 90’s.
Not sure if you know, both Stan III (big Stan) and Randy McCarty recently passed.
There’s a new club in town known as the First Coast Model boaters, my dad started the club with Randy and a couple other guys. We are not currently members but they run pretty frequently off of Gate Parkway.
The old Phillips highway pond is pretty overgrown the last time we drove by. We considered getting the rights to the land, but a majority of the lake is owned by another warehouse so they would have most of the say as to whether we could run or not. Adam Cook, club president, is working/ trying to work with the city to get a pond going currently so hopefully they can find something!

Anthony,
Not sure how close it is to you but there is a bay county club, looks to be somewhere around 1.5 hours from Tallahassee.

94 was my big year and I do remember your father , I ran a blur 60 mono and white 90 mono pitted for John harter . I didn't know about the other lake I've been running at the old pond , can you tell me more about the other pond off gate

Could be worth a day trip to get some laps in.. any more information?
5304 Old Majettee Tower road, Panama City fl. 32404 is the address to the park . The pond is the last one on the right . Stay on john pitts road and go to last driveway turn right . You will see the pond . Big parking lot grassed. Pond has 300 ft long 30 ft wide course set up. All boaters welcome.

Anthony, Valdosta is not very far. Although it is not a place you can go run unless I’m there putting on an event, you can stop by for SpeedWeek in February and hang out with us!

GQ

why are the buoys in a straight line?
Is that the only area you can run in ?
You can run anywhere in that pond. The buoys are a informal race course i set up. Right now im only one there so its that way till someone comes help me change it. I am really new and trying to get club off the ground. Everything is up for discussion and change once i get members

I would be hopeless at that pond - I like rc boats but I love golf !! If I was golfing there I would be keeping an ear and eye on the boats and if I was rc boating there I would be watching the golfers. No concentration at all :)

Hey guys quick update. I got my club pond NAMBA registered and insured. Trying to get help now getting buoys in right spot to have a fun run open water event. I m working with district 3 director Eric Canto. He’s a real good guy and great help. Looks like district 3 is growing.

Latest posts

Back