RACE SITES

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Warren

Does IMPBA or NAMBA have a list of properties than have held Sanactioned legal races before. Are the properties still in tact for more race events? People to contact? Seems there are a few properties that are not being utilized due to members are not aware of a address to sanaction a race. no flaming!!! just food for thought..

Good question..

Our pond is maintained by our club.. not owned by the club... having other people contact that owner out of the blue might make him apprehensive.

Back a number of years ago Sean Koolie made a nice pond locater but not sure what happen to that.. (I think it was part of I waters?)

Good example maybe the southern Illinois lake next to a small airport

The Nats was held on this lake.

It was great site. I don’t think there has been a race since.

Keep your eyes and ears open:
Huntsville is going to hold several events next year.

Mt Vernon, IL airport lake is a a great site. Its our home test pond, can run there pretty much whenever we want.

Any plans for using it for a race next year?
Not by our club, we have all our races at Arrowhead Campground in Johnston City, IL now which is a nice site also! I imagine any races held at Mt Vernon in the future would have to be held by a racers group or co hosted with multiple clubs.

Does IMPBA or NAMBA have a list of properties than have held Sanactioned legal races before. Are the properties still in tact for more race events? People to contact? Seems there are a few properties that are not being utilized due to members are not aware of a address to sanaction a race. no flaming!!! just food for thought..

Joe W how about the old Jackson TN site, any news or traction on that site? Are boats still ran there any?

with the races being limited. There are a few clubs that could sanaction races if they had a location & a contact about using the property.

Back