R603FF and R603FS

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Krogness

They, as in Futaba say 6 volts only. Anyone run 4.8???? If I have to run 6 volts whats the smallest pack available\non lipo??? Thanks, Kevin...

I guess I need to read. But in my 21 hydro I ran 4.8 all summer. and I didnt have a problem with it.

Technically most AA's are now 1.5v so.... 4 cells would = 6volts thats all I can think of, but how fast would they drain below 6v... Also noticed after reading manual always use R603FF/FS under the following conditions: 6v type Futaba digital servo (hrs) mode...

the 6 volts are a typical must with digitial servos,,running in hrs....i have run 4.8 on mine with no issues but the servos will have less torque and speed.... i soon there after went to a 5 cell sub a pack..it will work both ways,,,but better with 6v...it will for sure help the o/b turn bein 6v....

i use an adjustable mah electrifly charger,,peaks the packs nicely...you can get packs cheap on ebay...if you get lost drop me a line....

alden

dont you need a special charger for the life packs,,,,????? think you do,,,,grim can answer that im sure.....keep that in mind kevo

dont you need a special charger for the life packs,,,,????? think you do,,,,grim can answer that im sure.....keep that in mind kevo

Yes sir you do......

Can be charged up to 1,000 times with no loss in performance.

Delivers 10% more voltage than 5-cell NiCd and NiMH packs — no receiver regulator required!

Offers superior thermal stability — no fire danger during recharges.

Compatible with existing chargers, including the ElectriFly™ Triton™ EQ or Triton2™ EQ (GPMM3155, GPMM3156) or the DuraTrax® Onyx 230 Advanced Charger (DTXP4230).

Environmentally friendly. No recycling required!

I have.. ALLOT!..

I can not say enough about em..

I hope we can also come out with a 500mah or so unit in the future.

Grim

Just like any other pack... MAH is MAH.. nothing special there.

BUT.. this pack does not weigh squat!

Grim

Technically most AA's are now 1.5v so.... 4 cells would = 6volts thats all I can think of, but how fast would they drain below 6v... Also noticed after reading manual always use R603FF/FS under the following conditions: 6v type Futaba digital servo (hrs) mode...

DO NOT run your FASST system in HRS mode! The fasst system itself is lightning quick in ppm mode. In HRS you will very likely have twitchy servos and could burn up your servos. I smoked (actually smoked) (2) brand new HS-225's before I figured this out. HRS has also caused intermittent binding issues as well. I have accidently been in HRS when running a car, and it is noticeably twitchy even with all digital servos.

So just watch out for the 3 letters HRS and otherwise the FASST system is locked in and awesome. You should be able to run (4) AA's for hours before they fall below 5.4 V. If you want 6V in the same size, I'd look at the venom 1200mah 5cell pack. I get them off the shelf for $13 at hobbytown. Check your voltage and don't go out below 6.0V or they could dump on you.

DO NOT run your FASST system in HRS mode! The fasst system itself is lightning quick in ppm mode. In HRS you will very likely have twitchy servos and could burn up your servos. I smoked (actually smoked) (2) brand new HS-225's before I figured this out. HRS has also caused intermittent binding issues as well. I have accidently been in HRS when running a car, and it is noticeably twitchy even with all digital servos.

So just watch out for the 3 letters HRS and otherwise the FASST system is locked in and awesome. You should be able to run (4) AA's for hours before they fall below 5.4 V. If you want 6V in the same size, I'd look at the venom 1200mah 5cell pack. I get them off the shelf for $13 at hobbytown. Check your voltage and don't go out below 6.0V or they could dump on you.
You can slow the servos down with your transmitter settings. HRS allows you to take advantage of the Futaba fail safe features when using digital servos. You ruined your servos in HRS mode because they were analog servos.

you do not want or should use HRS in some of the early systems and the FASST module.

HRS is NOT an option with the 4PK for instance

Grim

Futaba HRS mode can be used and should be if both servos's are digital. That way seemless failsafes are available on all three channels.

When using the 4PK in the high speed (HIGH SPEED) mode, always use it under the following

conditions:

Servos :6V Futaba digital servo (including BLS Series brushless servos)

Receiver’s battery :6V Ni-Cd battery

Transmitter mode :HIGH SPEED mode (See p.46 for setting method.)

Under other conditions, the set will not operate, or the specified performance will not be displayed even if it operates.

In addition, it may cause servo trouble. Futaba will not be responsible for damage, etc. caused by combination with the

products of other companies.

In addition, the FSU1 Fail Safe Unit cannot be used because the system is different. Use the fail safe function of the

transmitter.

When using analog servos, always switch the T4PK servo response to the NORMAL mode.

Transmitter mode :NORMAL mode (See p.46 for setting method.)

Receiver’s battery :6V Ni-Cd battery

The set cannot operate in the HIGH SPEED mode. Operation in this mode will cause trouble of servo and other equipments.

Digital servos (including BLS Series brushless servos) can also be used in the NORMAL mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
HRS and High Speed are not quite the same thing BUT.. the servo requiremnts are the same..

Also.. NIMPH are NOT required in HRS or High Speed settings..

6V however "IS BEST" with Futaba 2.4 systems..

Grim

Latest posts

Back