R203GF Receiver antenna

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike lasorsa

Is it necessary to have the antenna in a tube sticking out of the boat or can I keep it tucked in the radio box with no issues?

well.. no.. but.. the 203 is NOT a diversity RX.. I would get that thing as far out of the box as you can. Your call!

If you want the BEST opportunity for reception.. get the antenna up out of the boat..

well.. no.. but.. the 203 is NOT a diversity RX.. I would get that thing as far out of the box as you can. Your call!

If you want the BEST opportunity for reception.. get the antenna up out of the boat..

That’s what I do right now I just bought another boat and don’t want to drill a hole if I don’t have to. Thanks for the input!!

You can drill a hole in the boat or risk drilling one in the bank with the boat.

It is too late after the crash better to prepare it best you can from get go. Antenna not great place to skimp.

While you see plenty running antennas in the box it is not wise decision IMO.
I agree I just been out of the game for years and got back into it with newer technology so it’s like starting over for me lol

I agree I just been out of the game for years and got back into it with newer technology so it’s like starting over for me For me it depends on the boats construction. Wood or glass boats tend to be ok with the ant in the box. Carbon or Kevlar not so much. In the end its your call

Back