Quantcast

Pros and Cons

Help Support intlwaters.com:

Richard Hartley

Please let me know what you think with regards to radio switch in lid or out the side of the tub.
Talking Dubro style switch.
Richard

Mark Anderson

I wouldn't go through the side of the tub. Either through the lid or through a bulkhead usually into the bait box. I have seen a 90 hydro hop hard enough to turn the switch off that was through the lid on a Dubro mount. These days I prefer latching toggle switches.

dr gary turner

Richard, I have done it both ways
If on the lid, I bend the Dubro pull push shaft just enough to make a little difficult to pull it out.
PUSHED IN IS THE ON POSITION

Mounting on the side, it is easy to bump the switch when traveling against something or bump it on carrying the boat and the switch is left on and run a battery down

If the switch is mounted above the rear sponson it affords some protection from bumping the switch on

BTW ANOTHER SWITCH ISSUE:
The Dubro switch, the square box that goes over the switch knob, will hang up on the mounting screws and does not go FULLY ON.

I file small notched in the square piece so the it definitely clears the mounting screws.

Ray Sametz

Richard, I have done it both ways
If on the lid, I bend the Dubro pull push shaft just enough to make a little difficult to pull it out.
PUSHED IN IS THE ON POSITION

Mounting on the side, it is easy to bump the switch when traveling against something or bump it on carrying the boat and the switch is left on and run a battery down

If the switch is mounted above the rear sponson it affords some protection from bumping the switch on

BTW ANOTHER SWITCH ISSUE:
The Dubro switch, the square box that goes over the switch knob, will hang up on the mounting screws and does not go FULLY ON.

I file small notched in the square piece so the it definitely clears the mounting screws.
I also open the switch and fill with dielectric grease to stop corrosion. Lexan lid radio boxes can sometimes attract moisture under lid. Best to keep covered and out of the sun before your heat.

Walt Barney

I have just completed a new boat and I took the switch and put it in the radio box lid with the 2 screws, but cut off the black switch lever to be even with the lid, it fits over the rudder servo, I will turn it on and off with just my finger nail and cover it it with a piece of tape. I also take the switch apart and put Corr-x in it.
Walt Barney

Latest posts