Props

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David,

For $58.00 each that is cheap.
They look nice.

Thanks For Sharing,

Mark Sholund

Shapeways will print your design in 316 stainless steel. Of course you need to develop a 3D design. I can send a Fusion 360 program for that. It's generic with inputs for diameter, hub, number of blades, blade area, pitch, cup, and rake. The final object may need some refinement. You need to be very familiar with Fusion 360 to understand the factors involved. There are limits on all the parameters to realistic values. So far I've only printed plastic versions. They could be investment cast in a variety of materials.

Lohring Miller

Shapeways will print your design in 316 stainless steel. Of course you need to develop a 3D design. I can send a Fusion 360 program for that. It's generic with inputs for diameter, hub, number of blades, blade area, pitch, cup, and rake. The final object may need some refinement. You need to be very familiar with Fusion 360 to understand the factors involved. There are limits on all the parameters to realistic values. So far I've only printed plastic versions. They could be investment cast in a variety of materials.

Lohring Miller
I get some parts for my HO Steam engine builds from Shapeways.
Thy have tones of stuff on there you can get or have made.

Attachments

• 1619280624105.png
    1619280624105.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 40
Last edited:
A quick check on cost for a 45 mm dia x 96 mm pitch 19 degree rake prop is $20.80 for one off in a steel/bronze alloy from Shapeways.

Lohring Miller

I got a couple of counter rotating 3d printed stainless V947/3 props for my Keith Bradley Fighter Cat on 12S a couple of years ago and the finish superb and balanced perfectly on my balancer. They got me close to 100mph at 158kmh.
January this year I set the Australasian 12s Tunnel record here in Blenheim New Zealand with that boat using 2 Octura V955/3 props at 171.632kmh or 106.58mph
Alex suggested I needed more pitch and blade so I got him to make me 2 counter rotating V958/3 props that are 3D printed Titanium.
Today at SAW runs on laser timing his props ran 166.205kmh & 171.265 on the first run and 169.014 & 170.778 on the second run with no changes to the boat from the Octuras. So they are right up there.
Now need to start tweaking things to get more pace which will come.

It was a quick copy of an ABC prop. If I really wanted to get it made, I would print it in PLA and measure it. See below. The interesting thing is that the list price for a blank from ABC costs $22.95.

Lohring Miller

45 x96 prop 1.jpg45x96 prop.jpg

Well iI got them today in the mail. Bin almost a year working on getting this done. Will see how thy measure up to the original soon.

Attachments

• 20210505_160250.jpg
    20210505_160250.jpg
    702.6 KB · Views: 11
Back