Propeller tools

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike..
So is this Orlic prop guage of any real benefit...
And if so...is it used mostly for checking what changes have been done..?

Lohring Miller..
I was able to read the March 2015 part 3 article which I liked...the 2013 and 2014 parts 1&2 I cold only see the first page...

Ok..lohringmiller..I figured it out...i had to touch the screen to get the tiny page turn icon to show....
Holy smoke...my brain is going to explode...thank you for the info...its much needed..

Now I'm ready to make that magical prop that wins all the races, and racers from far and wide will flock to know what prop I have and where it came from....or ...i will proceed with making a big mess.....
But from what I'm seeing sofar...(im no expert..or even some what knowledgeable)..
its all about measuring...only one tool does any actual work....the rest are to verify what you did...time to get busy..

Attachments

• 20200616_145848.jpg
    20200616_145848.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 64
I've been searching for a better prop gauge and the Orlic seems to be good in my price range but I don't think Frank makes them any more. The Wood's is quite expensive and I don't know if they stock them any more.
All I have is a Steve Muck gauge which is not terribly accurate.
Anyone have any suggestions?

Attachments

• DSC_4824.JPG
    DSC_4824.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 37
Bam Racing makes one. $120 uses the 2 brass pins like the muck guage with more uses. ([email protected] or 812.453.8137) more info. But I'll look for more photos. Give me your address I'll send you an article printed a long time ago in boat modeler magazine.

Patrick: That is the Orlic Guage and is one of the best available. I also use the Wood Guage which is also awesome and of high quality.

Hey Chris Wood, been a long time. Wish we were still racing :)

Marty

If anyone is wondering about BAM prop tools....i have the complete set from Alan....there awesome...im not a expert on the science of props yet...but they sure do the job.

Back