Prop walking F hydro

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BB does list the alloy as 7075. I thought I'd read somewhere that Speedmaster hardware was 6061 but "quality" or "aircraft grade" is the only description I can find with a quick search.

.018" ?? its cmb right?
not gonna pull much prop with that. i wouldnt even run that much clearance on a big gas engine .

unless ur using like 25%
squish effect doesnt start happening till u go to the .010 neighborhood . tho idk what else is going on inside ur engine so take this with a grain of salt
Thanks

Mark’s suggestions are spot on. He helps prop as many boaters as anyone does. So he has a great general idea of what works.
One thing with the abc 19 38 series is…..the 2717 is usually viewed as small. Yet it is actually more prop then Most ever ran when running octura props. A 2717 can run 90mph plus or minus a few with a perfectly set up boat. But is also easy enough to run on a boat that isn’t set perfect. All the Info is already in this thread.
Head clearance .012-.014”
Pipe 11.25-11.5”
Then make the boat right. You will learn much more from A slower but running boat and will be a lot more fun than a critical plug blowing boat.
The answers are at the lake not the internet.
Dam from 60 + to 85 + gota thanks you. Duke says it won't b sucking hind tit in any heat. Your rec.marks prop. It's faster than this old man can drive. Gotta love love the smell of NITRO.

Bill,

Your order should arrive on Friday according to the tracking numbers.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund
Dam it worked!!![ between u
And Danny , I've got something that covers a strait we're u better b ready to turn. Prop takes about 15 more feet to get on plane boat is on pipe before bouy 1. Will mill at about 15 mph and hit pipe again. Now it needs someone that can drive

Thought something wasn't right..corse lean adjustments didn't do much. Got lucky today. Anatoly was there (lots of fuel burned thru a f mono. )Its at his rich setting now.. still blowing lots of smoke. There not that hard to keep running. Or to get started. Just GOTA make sure it don't leak. Both pres sise and intake side. Thank you.

Bill,

If you need more speed just pull the pipe in about a .250” and see how it
runs. You may want to richen up that
needle setting a touch more. I am pretty sure a 2719 is going to be too
much propeller for your set up. With
5” of pitch it will slow down in the corners and not drive as nice as it is now. At 90 mph it will make that Badger pond pretty short rather quickly. Just stay on the rich side of the needle and try a few different pipes if you have more of them to test.

Enjoy The Fast Lane,

Mark

Not that it is the best way but I have had to use a lot of toe in on the right sponson to stop the pull to the right . Now I do realize that shimming up the front of the right sponson will increase angle of attack and also reduce drag from wetted surface and that will be an area of tuning that I need to do more work on . Rudder depth is also a large factor as mentioned .
Tom. Hello. I have always found that the left sponson 1.7- 2.0 neg (measured from the top) produces the best flight and running. Engine torque has something to do with it.

Back