Prop recommendation for 90 mono

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shane Bastick

Anyone have some basic 'ball park" prop recommendations for a 90 mono, hull will be a 'wild thing', engine will be a CMB 90 EVO 2002 purple head engine,

thanks in advance

Shane,

We have found through lots of testing: for a Stock motor the X-467 V-Cut works GREAT!!!

If the motor has been Modified the X-470 V-Cut with a little diameter reduction is the way to go.

Also, a lot of differences with different pipe selections.

Have Fun Testing,

Mark Sholund

EVO 90...13cc pipe, CMB Header, pipe at 11 1/4 for side case to tuning band....Now run the X467

The wild thing is a shallow Vee..almost flat bottom.....

Head clearance on stock bowl head needs to be high if running 60% fuel....
default_wink.png

NO...not on a stock volume head..

but if you want to run it there...It will work..

Last edited by a moderator:
Say what you want DK....But when he burns a hole in the piston...I hope you ears Ring.
default_ph34r.png
default_ohmy.png
default_dry.png

What do you suggest with a stock head for nitro %, clearance and why please Chuck.

The motors come set up to use 25% or less, head volume included. And yes you can run .012..if you run the lower % fuel.

My first R/C boat was a twincraft with Red head CMB...on 25%. Got lapped by the same set up on 50%....made the change in fuel and learned a costly lesson.

Mate 25% is ideal with the stock engine as Chuck said.But I ran 40% at 16thou with my stock purple 90 and it performed well .

Last edited by a moderator:
Just tested at Huntsville record trial and the ABC 2515 was excellent with my 101 Seducer long boat and Mac pipe. I think a 90 would pull it fine. Smoothed the boat out with incredible accelerate at ion.

Back