Prop re-pitching and casting.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats one hell of a prop anvil ball you got in the back ground. LOL To tell the truth. I have used them in the past to do some repairs to props.

Mike
I find the 2" ball just about right for 45 size and up props, adds a nice gentle cup. Nylon capped hammer works great too.

This ones's gonna be 63mm with 6.75" of LE and 7.75" of TE pitch.

Lessee, mph x rpm / pi = pitch. No that ain't it. pitch / mph = rpm. Naw that ain't it either...
default_huh.png
Nice work Terry!

I can't believe you took photos without cleaning up the CHIPS first! LOL That just Ruined my image of TK's shop. LOL

Thats one hell of a prop anvil ball you got in the back ground. LOL To tell the truth. I have used them in the past to do some repairs to props.

Mike
I find the 2" ball just about right for 45 size and up props, adds a nice gentle cup. Nylon capped hammer works great too.

Lessee, mph x rpm / pi = pitch. No that ain't it. pitch / mph = rpm. Naw that ain't it either...
default_huh.png
Nice work Terry!

I can't believe you took photos without cleaning up the CHIPS first! LOL That just Ruined my image of TK's shop. LOL

CHIPS! Where? Uh-oh, more therapy needed ASAP!!!
default_laugh.png

Dude no videos
default_laugh.png
looks great so the prop works better than anticipated it seems so blow of or didn't make the turn?

Mike

default_huh.png
Terry this what I use in Km per hour ..
KPH/L.E pitch x 656 = rpm ( 200kph/4.5 x 656 =29155rpm) minimum rpm required for that speed.

RPM x L.E pitch/ 656 = speed ( max speed you will

Go at that certain rpm). 30000rpm x 4.5in /656=205.8Kph

Last edited by a moderator:
Stress fracture?

Blew it off at Bob Morton's event in PA last Spring and broke it. Patched it up but it finally gave way...

I love the 3EGX.....my favorite radio of all time......being able to mix the throttle and rudder made it very user friendly...

le to

OPPS!!!!!

Unfortunately I'll havta wait until next year to test it, re-injured my new SAW boat, this time it's fatal...
default_unsure.png

Love my 3EGX's too! BTW it's easy to convert them using this FrSky module: https://www.frsky-rc.com/product/dht-toggle-switch-2/

No need to adjust the neutral time like for FASST, just 3 wires and done!
default_smile.png

Dude no videos
default_laugh.png
looks great so the prop works better than anticipated it seems so blow of or didn't make the turn?

Since I moved the motor and tank back 6" on this G3 it's been more of an airplane than a boat. Changed the 8* sponsons to 5* and even with 2* strut angle it still wants to fly approaching 100. That's OK, it's easier to "fix" than the prop unhooking problem I've fought for years.

I have a mold for my original 3* sponsons that's gonna get some use soon!
default_tongue.png

Mike

default_huh.png
Terry this what I use in Km per hour ..
KPH/L.E pitch x 656 = rpm ( 200kph/4.5 x 656 =29155rpm) minimum rpm required for that speed.

RPM x L.E pitch/ 656 = speed ( max speed you will

Go at that certain rpm). 30000rpm x 4.5in /656=205.8Kph

Hmmmm. Funny that 1057/656 = 1.61. The conversion factor for mph to kph.

Over here for mph we use rpm x pitch (inch) / 1057 = mph (no slip)

Here's what I hope to see one day if the stars & planets align just right:

(24,000 rpm x 6.75" /1057) x 0.85 (15% slip) = ????
default_rolleyes.gif

130.274361 mph

The hard part of this equation is to achieve the 15% slip!!

130.274361 mph

The hard part of this equation is to achieve the 15% slip!!

Absolutely. From what the Eagle Tree is telling me from 100+ runs over 100 mph the lowest slip I've seen is about 6%, I think 15% is about right for how I measure LE pitch and 24K rpm.

I can't imagine the slip factor for the FE guys at 50K!
default_blink.png

2727-23-38% should be close

I have two in stock

Ah, that'd be too easy...
default_happy.png

Latest posts

Back