Pro Oiler Kits

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leave them the way they are. I need to do some mods anyway
Steve,

Ok cool.

Is the 3/8" the actual stuffing tube or is it you sleeve you have the 5/16" stuffing tube run up through. The only reason I ask it is best to be right on the stuffing tube itself unless the two are soldered together as one because if the inside tube shifts in the outer then it will cut off your hole.

You will want to use a small hole like 1/16" first as it doesn't take much but that all depends on the thickness of the lubricant you use. Chain bar oil is a lot thinner than the Lucas transmission treatment or Motor Honey.

I've been using 3/8 tube with .029 wall thickness but I learned yesterday I can get 5/16 tube with .029 wall which actually gives less room for the cable to flop around and rob horsepower to the prop.

Leave the collars at 5/16 and I'll make it work.

I'll put the collar right in front of or just behind the T-BAR.

What kind of oil would you recommend?

I need to learn to proof read before I post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve,

Heavy wall 5/16" X .029" does not work and it will seize up. The cable needs a amount of free play to function.

If you need it thicker you have to double it up with 11/32" over the 5/16". The collars can be bored to 11/32" no problem or just end the 11/32" where the collar is and put it on tbe 5/16" and then double up the collet end with a short piece of 11/32" so it doesn't thin out and split.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back