Pringles cowl

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myrcbud

Im looking for a source for an 88-89 pringles cowl. How long can I expect to wait for a Dick Caspiri cowl? I 've heard that it can take awhile to get stuff from him. I'm not looking to buy one soon only because I have to go to Iraq soon for a little fun in the sun avoiding roadside bombs and protecting the US army. Once I get back though I want to buy one but I don't want to wait a year is there a better source or quicker source?

Thanks for any help.

Don't hold your breath, here lately he isn't a man of his word, but right now he is the only one that can supply you with the cowl. I have given up dealing with him all together.

:(

why don't you try making one? the guys in my club(sky hydro of Queens NY) run mostly scale boats and they scratch build every thing on their boats even the motor mounts.

Does Troy McIntire supply one? or one that I can convert? I've thought about trying to build one myself but I'm afraid of not getting it to scale. Lay26 does anybody build a Pringles cowl in your club?

Missbudpilot weren't you doing a pringles what did you end up doing for a cowl?

the cowl is not that hard(but it takes time and patience) to make you know. as a matter of fact i just finished making one for my sport 21 which is from newton plans. it's the same boat that you have in your avitar myrcbud. i used blue foam and the side/bottom/rear views from the plan sheet. i shaped the foam sanded it and fiberglassed it. i'll post a pic of it so you can see what i'm talking about. do you have the boat already?

I haven't started the boat yet, most likely not until late 2006. If you got pics I'd love to see them. What I've always wondered though is when making the plug out of foam the adding glass epoxy a stuff how do you keep the demension true to the plans?

everytime i try to load pics to this page they don't go through. <_< any way the cowl that you are looking at is for my sport 21. i used templates from the plans. one would reason that if the plans are to scale then your cowl should be too. there are allowable limits that you work with. so i sanded it and shaped it using the templates as your gage, next is to fill it and finish.

Last edited by a moderator:
Say do you happen to know William Overton? If so say Hi for me will you..Haven't seen Him or Hitower in a long time..Roy

yeah man these are the scale builders i'm talking about. i hang out with him all the time. then there are guys like johnny hightower and Bill Ruffin. i'm new to the group but i have picked up quite a bit from these quys about scratch building. i'll relay your message. they are going to this year namba nats, johnny came back racing this year after a few years away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tell those guys to show you a video tape made my a few friends of mine on how we build scales over here in Northen Cal..I think you'll get a kick out of it..That if they still have it..And yea those guys sure know how to build ...Overton at one time cleared a scale and packed it in plastic and drove over here for the Munci cup in San Diego..Grate bunch of guys..I wish I could be as lucky as you to learn from them from the start..Saves you a lot of greaff in your building...

Didn't Steve Muck use to make a pringle cowl???

Maybe he still makes them or has one lying around.

Just a tought.

Eric

myrcbud said:
where would I get a video from Roy?
102405[/snapback]

This video was made by Dave Richarson ( RPM) and Larry Johnson, in answer to one sent by Ruffin, Overton, and Hightower on how they build there scales from plans,and how they made there cowls from fome.. Lost form prosses...There guys made a comic one..If you know Dave Richardsons or had any conversations with him you know how this tape went over with the guys in N.Y..You'ed die laughing..After they saw it they call and ask if this was the way we did it....It was better than any sit-com on T V... No real Info to build from,Just a gag..And it worked..It was hard for the guys in N.Y to live it down... Don Mock in Wash makes a real good vido on building a wood scale and rigging it up..

Latest posts

Back