Pressure fitting placement

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

normlee

Tried searching for the answer sorry.

Where is the best place to put the pressure outlet please? It's a 15cc macs muffled pipe with 1" flat band.

Thanks!

20190215_171120.jpg

Anywhere on the pipe except the stinger. Just not on the bottom as oil can find its way I to the fitting. 

Anywhere on the pipe except the stinger. Just not on the bottom as oil can find its way I to the fitting. 
Danny,

I am sure this is the correct approach. If the pressure was measured from the header to the beginning of the stinger, it would be found to be the same at different locations for whatever the engine RPM is. This would be true for both gas & nitro engines. I have measured this pressure with a 0 to 200 inches of water gage, at different engine RPM's, on both gas & nitro engines of different displacements. Since the pressure is very low this gage was selected because it measures in increments of 5 inches of water or .1806 psi. Any change in a stinger's length or ID will effect the pressure & this can be easily seen. The reason that I moved the pressure outlet from the header to the mid section was because of the difference in the operating temperatures between nitro  & gas engines. I use a Neoprene rubber line on a gas engine pipe & a silicone line on a nitro engine. Most readings will be in the 90 (3.252 psi)  to 110 (3.974 psi) inches of water range at WOT.

Jim Allen 

P2150001.JPG

P2150002.JPG

P2150003.JPG

P2150005.JPG

Back