Prayers needed Stan Simpson

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So sorry to hear this. Unfair year for Stan to say the least. Stay strong man. Sorry for your losses this year.

RIP Big Stan - you where a MASTER at your art, I have a CMB 90 Sleeve that is an absolute work of art by your hands I will never part with.
Stan if you need anything, say the word buddy- Your in our thoughts and prayers and we are here for ya.
Rest assured , there is one heck of a boat race being planned up there.

Last edited:
5158D13E-144B-49C3-BED3-9D4C4C96AAC7.jpeg9841BC55-8CA8-4203-9878-989838ACFE27.jpeg2D8AC57C-1B91-4FEF-9147-E96F67B25F84.jpeg

Here’s a few photos stan sent me the other day. The last photo he noted the “soon-to-be RC boat racing prodigy” sitting on his dads lap at the front.
Big stan and that bucket will always be an iconic image for RC model boating for me. Coming in as a kid and having both Stan’s there to tweak on motors for me was a privilege beyond words. The racing community will sorely miss his knowledge and competitive nature

So sorry to hear about this. Big Stan was the best when it came to making the little nitro engines go fast. I remembered him from back in the day when he was flying controline Rat Racing ( pictured above ). He was the guy to beat down South. And when he and Junior went boat racing.........holy cow look out! They won most of the big races many, many times.
Big Stan will be missed by all of us who were at the races with both of you. Junior, your boat racing friends are here for you whenever you need us. Get out to the pond soon and run some boats with your friends. I can tell you that it's pretty good medicine to help you get going again.

Dick Tyndall

So sad to hear this . Big Stan was a very cool guy who I always enjoyed seeing and speaking with . My sincere condolences to Stan Jr. and the family . Rest in peace sir . I will miss seeing him as will all .

Wow sad indeed. SR was one of a kind, true wrench turner. I was privileged to meet, chat, pit, and learn from him! Stanley you have my number call anytime bud.

Last edited:
So sad to hear. I had the opportunity to chat a few times with Stan Sr. back in the late 90's, fun to talk to and a wealth of engine knowledge. R.I.P.

Had a few minutes to reflect over this today , one of my thoughts was Stan Jr doesnt get on here very much and I hope someone like Brandon and a few that actually speak to him outside the lake will express our condolences, so he knows we are truly here for him, and just how much we all respect his Father for his efforts- IMHO there isn't a person in D-3 that he has met that wouldn't give him the shirt off their back if needed. I know from experience the 2 hardest losses are your Father and your Mother ( at least in my life so far) I cant imagine his hurt right now. Love ya Stan Jr.

We as a whole - (any rc boater) we continue to loose the guys that started it all , simply by attrition, its a sad fact - there couldn't be a better time for a more uniformed front from the guys involved that have gained this knowledge and experience to make sure they pass it down the line. Brandon Atwell , Zack Junker and Max H - all stunning examples of the process. I watched em all grow from the time they needed a step stool to see over the rail to the respected racers they have become. If everyone wants to keep feeling that and seeing that - enjoy winning a heat - helping another boater or just running recovery all day and soaking in the experience.
The Time Is Now .

God Speed Stan Simpson .

Back