Post your tunnel fleet 2022đź‘€

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boat is guided by (I will start with)
Futaba 7PX Limited
Futaba SBS324SB RX
Futaba BLS3735SV (Absolute BEAST)
Futaba S3172SV Throttle Servo
Futaba SBS-01G GPS

Yes.. the above helps me earn my keep! LOL.. sorry for the shotty plug!

I have not raced a Mod B tunnel in...ah.. some ware around 12 years. (I would race my Sport Tunnel In Mod) The last mod boat I raced was my Trusty Nemesis with CMB RS Green Head. (motor sold.. boat shelved!).

I hope to get the boat into the paint shop in the next month or so.

Grim

He Mike,

all looking good. Hope the setting of the lower is high enough. It won't go any higher or just about a tenth of an inch.
Installling the tank...great.

Have fun and good luck with the boat

Hello fellow rc enthousiasts, great tunnel hulls! I just registered after finding out this forums with a big and active rc outboard community. I'm an rc outboard fan myself and here's my fleet:

Cozy F1 tunnel: 22.8" own design with TFL mini outboard running 2800kv on 4S

20210306_104403.jpg

Cozy F1 T800: 33" own design with TFL large outboard running 1600kv on 6S. It needs the final paint stil.

20220102_133736.jpg

Original paint scheme had to be removed due to a constructional issue.
20211020_173502.jpg

152VO flatbottom: Speedliner Corsair with TFL mini outboard running 2600kv on 3S:

20210105_184317.jpg

Hope to learn about- and share my outboard experiences here!

The Speedliner runs as a typical flatbottom: a little bounce on the straights and careful turning / drifting around the corners. On 3S it is actually overpowered (36mph). On 2S it runs more scale speed.
152VO is a big community on classic racing boats. The community originated in Germany, but it has racers / members from all over the world. The boats are built from the original plans (!). If your boat is regisered, you can compete in the annual 152VO competition held in Germany. I competed about 6 years ago and it was great fun!

The link to the 152VO community, with their own forums: www.152vo.de

Link to my Speedliner Corsair running on 3S:

My fleet besides the falcon thunder tiger I got from a fella new still in box that need built all others are older hulls Dumas,prather & a newer aquacraft I basically got these all in bad shape & rebuilt them with motors that I got over the years that were also in bad shape & rebuilt them to new cranks,pistons,sleeves most are 7.5cc & 11cc love these older hulls & have got my kids into it aswell I'm not a racer but my kids enjoy this sport & we have fun together.

Still appreciate the help with the setup. It never raced after that event. Besides the boat has some cracks near the motormount area.

Still appreciate the help with the setup. It never raced after that event. Besides the boat has some cracks near the motormount area.
Most welcome and I enjoyed doing it. Sorry to hear that it has not run again. I would have loved to play around with it for a bit more, it needed a bit more trim adjustment for higher speeds. And the cracks can be repaired and reinforced. But my racing days are over.

Latest posts

Back