Possum

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just read a thread where Dr turner mentioned Roger Moran being at a race together.
I would like to take this opportunity to Thank Roger for being the person he is. He is responsible for me staying in this Hobby.
At a Race in Conroe Texas, too many years ago to remember the year, ,Roger stepped up and helped me get a badly damaged boat repaired and able to continue racing.
My boat had been dead in the water about 2 feet out from the bank when it got run over. We retrieved it and then listened to the driver of the other boat rant about the f**** dead boat in his way. Being young and kind of temperamental myself I began to gather my stuff and swear that this was IT, I would never come here to race again.
Roger came over took me aside and said lets look at your boat to see if it can be repaired enough to continue. The pipe was gone so he found a discarded lawn chair and cut a short stack which worked great, some duct tape, quick set epoxy and the boat was ready for the next heat.
I raced with and against Roger at the Southern gentlemen race site near Hammond many times.I moved to Alaska and lost track of Roger.
In the truest sense Roger was and hopefully is a Southern Gentleman.
Richard Hartley

Great story Richard! Many boaters have similar stories that helped us stay in the hobby. How many times have you and I been the only ones at a lake running something that just keeps us going.

Roger is a true class act. I tried talking him into getting back in a few times. He taught me more things than I remember back when I was n young kid just getting in the hobby, 14 years old. Now at 59, I realize guys like Roger, Louis, and Don all fellow members of SGRA and my good friend Bob Murphy are the reason a lot of us stayed in the hobby and our hobby flourished. Roger can be found among my friends on my facebook page.

Latest posts

Back