porting work on stock proboat .18 engine?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michaelbarnes

Just have this engine sitting around and I wanted to see what could be done with some port work to maybe squeeze anything more out of it.

Worst case the engine breaks? oh well, its not really being used anyway. Just want to see what I can do.

Any tutorials or pictures outlining work that can be done to the sleeve, etc?

if your cutting the port windows to raise port timing i would start in the .020 range and go from there...cut all the ports UP,, pull all your shims and check your head clearence,,,get it as low as possible,,,.008-.010 would be good...use a plug with the smallest coil cavity you can find,,,it will pinch up the bubble volume a bit...

you can also shim the sleeve but you loose pinch and the button will surely need to be machined to get your head space right...

after that,,,play with different bubble volumes,,,squish percentages,,,squish angles,,,, always remember that a angled squish can run a tighter head space,,,so if its angled,,,run down to .004 if you can.....im sure that will wake it up...if it has a pull start,,,,delete it...it will free up the load on the engine which means more applyable power to the drive line....

hope this helps..

alden

Latest posts

Back