Pond in Dover, Fl.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BruceHartmann

Supporting Member
Hey guys, I belong to an R/C float flyers club in Dover that is waning. The membership is very small and I can foresee the club collapsing, We've been running boats out there as well. It is very well laid out with a high ledge for flying/driving. I have toyed with the idea of proposing sinking some bouys if there was enough interest. It is on county property, fenced and isn't going anywhere. Think there would be any interest?IMG_1919.jpegIMG_1922.jpegIMG_1926.jpeg

The pond is not far from the Brandon Model Boaters site and has some great potential. You can't have too many sites. Size wise it is perfect using google maps distance measuring you are 270 ft wide from your drivers point and the straightaway has 600+ feet to work with so a 75X330 ft course fits easily.
Mic

I agree. Even if it was used as a practice pond by folks. There are no restrictions on when it can be accessed and in 25+ years we've had no complaints about noise. I would just hate to loose the site whatever it is used for. There about 30 members, only about 10-12 active a couple days a week and they mostly fly small electrics on the grass runways. I still fly nitro float planes.

Just a thought, maybe the FE guys at the Brandon club could run there..
or maybe swap test and tune days and event locations between the two sites in rotation..

Anything to keep people involved at the site..

Looks to be a great location and would be a shame to loose it... because as you know with so many things today,, once it's gone there is probably no chance of getting it back at a later date.

Yes Bruce I remember your name . I live in Hudson and really like that sitebut I stay away from club politics !!
Yeah, it was pretty ugly in the end. Funny thing is many of the guys that fly at Hilton are are all BCF's ex members that quit for the same reason. Bo actually keeps his place as nice as BCF and there are more runways. Weather permitting, I think I'm going to got to FFF Saturday, bring a plane and a little outrigger. Come check it out if you want.

Hi Bruce, i fly floatplanes and also race model boats and i would love to see the pond and play out there with your group! I would be willing to join your club as i am presently flying my planes off saltwater just to fly!! Any contact info??? Email or text? Many thanks! OOPS i see you left your Phone number! when is a convenient time to give you a call?

Hi Bruce, i fly floatplanes and also race model boats and i would love to see the pond and play out there with your group! I would be willing to join your club as i am presently flying my planes off saltwater just to fly!! Any contact info??? Email or text? Many thanks! OOPS i see you left your Phone number! when is a convenient time to give you a call?

Anytime during the day, Bill....leave a message if it goes to voicemail & I'll get back to you. You can also Call Greg Cardone if you have his number.

Been a while since I saw you at a rocket launch!

Last edited:
Bruce we talked about the possibility of running at the float pond,but I never heard back from you.
Are the club members aware or ok with this possibility allowing us as a guest? Or offering membership?
Greg

Bruce we talked about the possibility of running at the float pond,but I never heard back from you.
Are the club members aware or ok with this possibility allowing us as a guest? Or offering membership?
Greg

Yeah, I'm not sure where the communication broke down. Yes, you can come as a guest to check it out. Anyone is welcome to join. It is an AMA club and AMA covers boat operation (and cars, rockets, etc) at any venue as long as owner permission is had; not sure how NAMBA/IMPBA works. (I personally am a NAMBA member). If there is enough interest maybe we can investigate a charter; who knows. The only rule is that float planes take priority. Most are flying electric so they are only up for 5-6 minutes.

Most of the guys flying also have boats so the cooperation works pretty well; there is no reason they cannot co-exist. We all have the same issue acquiring and keeping R/C fields and ponds...we need to work together to make it work permanently. Good communication and respect it are the key points.

That being said, most of the plane guys are gone by late morning. Much like us helicopter guys do at other fields, if you just show up at 10-11 AM you can have the place to yourself until sunset.

Last edited:
Back