Plywood Source

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DPeterson

Looking for a source for plywood. 1/16 - 3 ply, 1/8 - 5 or 6 ply, and 1/4 - 5 or 6 ply. Looking for 24" wide by 60" long sheets.

My usual sources won't cut me the sizes I want. National Balsa and Sig. I even offered to buy the entire 4' x 8' sheets.

Can you Gentleman point me into the direction I can look?

Thanks - Doug

IF you live it the Pacific Northwest, there's B&D International. They stock sheets 61" square of all the sizes you listed and will sell half sheets as well. The wood you are asking about is shown listed as flat plywood and is classified as ULTRA-THIN BIRCH AIRCRAFT QUALITY PLYWOOD. Per the notes under the chart, they will ship but there are restrictions so I would give them a call and see what they would do. There website address is:
Curved Plywood, B&D International (bd-international.com)
I have purchased ply from them for years, though I live close enough that I can just drive down and purchase what I need from the shop. Needless to say, I've never had a complaint about the quality of the ply I've received. Just for the record, here's a link to a picture(yes, I know it's sideways) that shows how flexible the 1/16th ply actually is. The picture shows a full 61" sheet rolled into a 10" tube:
https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=570272&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1494338215[/IMG]

Last edited:
Thanks Guys. Looks like I can get 2' x 8' boards at Aircraft Spruce and or 61" x 61" at B&D. I might have to go with the 3 ply for the 1/8 however. I've been spoiled by the 1/8 6 ply I was getting at National Balsa. Love it for building. Little heavy but never warps.

Doug

Missed it yesterday. B&D does have 3 mm - 1/8 6 ply in the 61 x 61 size. Awesome. All set.

Many thanks for the pointers. Doug

Back