Pics of U-25 pak

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Corey, one thing to remember is, if you're doing the 1973 version, it had two different cockpit striping schemes. For the first part of the season, it had only stripes on top of the cockpit and down the back, between the tails with sponsor decals along the sides between the rear of the cockpit and the front of the uprights.
Later in the season, this was changed to the more familiar "L" shaped stripes on the firewall with the stripes down the sides and the Pay'N Pak on the uprights.
Something else to be aware of is the fact that the stripe widths on the deck also changed over the season. In the video Harry posted, you can see the stripes on the deck are roughly the same width . Later, the orange was an inch or so wider than the black. That is the way the actual boat is presently painted, with the wider orange stripe on the deck.
Something else that has come up with my building a 1/6th scale hull, years ago, is the engine cover shown in the video. Per Jim Lucero, they ran the boat during initial testing and at two races with the engine cover. One race the boat went dead during the final and the other, it threw a prop blade and is actually pictured with the cover on and being half sunk. Many won't want to allow the boat with the engine cover due to it being used at only two races and preseason testing as there is little photographic documentation.
You need to decide which paint scheme and configuration you want to do up front as some will question the validity of the engine cover and early 1973 paint scheme's lack of striping since it wasn't used for more than a few races.
PayNPak-7[2].jpg

Last edited:
Cool, looking forward to seeing pictures. I'm doing the early version so I can run it with the engine cover or a dummy Merlin. It will also make it easier to repair the cowl if it gets hit since I won't have to match up the striping

I can see your boat and mine will be vastly different. I'll be posting pictures of mine soon as well. Would you rather I start my own thread or post them here? It's your call on that one

Latest posts

Back