Photo from 2002 Big Flats N.Y Hydro Bowl

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanduzer

I have not be on this forum in years but found a disk with old photos from 2002 when we race by the airport in Big Flats N.Y. I forgot a few names over the years, but thought people find neat to see them. I post them in the gallery

Dave Van Duzer

OMG the duzer is alive and well. Ran that series at the airport for many years. Good to hear from you. Great pics.
default_cool.png

Great Pics.

I'm not sure if that pic was Oscar Leech either but talking about a name from the past.

Him and I used to battle it out in 40 mono all the time.

Thanks For Sharing

Tim

I loved racing at that pond! Great pic of my buddy Bob Morton with his Hummingbird. That's a happy man right there. Nice to see you're still around Dave. I enjoyed the pics.

Thanks, Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
Think this is the following year, Carl Applegate, Matt Blaker, Teddy D,Sue Roadus, Nester, Tom Averdision, think he still has that shirt!! and Brian (RIP)

100_0465 (2).jpg

100_0466 (2).jpg

Yep great place to race and the hotel party's were Fun Õ¿Õ Thanx for the nice comment Ron.

Kudos to you and your family

Raced the Humming bird this week end at Fort

Richie MD.

I remember we started up a scale boat in the motel room about 1:00 am. Not a single complaint!

This was 1984-1985. Don't remember the name of the motel. Green something. It had a good outdoor pool though...

Joe

What a place get times there, racing and hanging out with everyone. Man if there was ever a chance to run there with everyone again it would be awesome. Must say the competition was high you had to bring your A game all the time.

Where else could you be running a heat and have a WWII bomber roar over the tree line in the back straight. Taking off from the Airport. Good times indeed.
default_cool.png

dave , your photos bring back some good memories , I remember some of the 20 tunnel racing you and I had together , you were always a fair racer.....are you still racing ?.....talked to your father last year at the brick pond.....bob

Have not raced in a while. I actually run a shop in Horseheads and race slot cars for the last 10 years and still do eyeglasses. Will try to race this year , you guys got me to go down in my basement at look at my boats.

SOME OF THE NICEST PEOPLE IN BOAT RACING RACED HERE. MET A LOT OF PEOPLE AND MADE MANY FRIENDS. AS CD I GUESS I PISSED OFF A FEW BUT IF YOU GOT A PENELTY YOU DESERVED IT. LOL.

Lew Van Duzer

Ray, Avedesian STILL has that shirt, I swear. You can stand it up in the corner. I kept trying to get him to get rid of his table ,hiding it ,placing it in the middle of stony pond in Canandaigua one night. He would not replace it even though the top was 50% gone. Finally, I found one new in the box courtesy of Sue Rodas. Sold it to him for the price on the box for 23.99. He saved the one you have seen I'm sure but using the new one now. What a guy. LOL Tom

Back