P/S

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go to the MECOA web site....then click on the K&B icon in the lower left area of the screen...

And you will find nothing is available just like it has been for decades since MECOA bought K&B. All the old K&B hands I know that once had parts are gone.

Lohring Miller

I have all but begged Randy to do something with that product line in the past but it doesn't look like they are going to be back anytime soon.
Be glad Nova Rossi is supplying us with quality built outboards.

The MECOA business model is to buy dying engine companies and milk the remains. Unfortunately, there were very few remains of the last, great K&B engines. I still have one operating red head pro outboard. I'm keeping it as a collectors item.

Lohring Miller

Lohring,

For years like many, I have had been thinking that K&B was coming back. When they rebuilt their 7.5cc lower unit I thought that it was getting close but I have to finally agree that it just is not going to happen. I have learned that Investment bankers only get involved when they find floundering quasi bankrupt companies and scarf them up for pennies on the dollar and stand to see profits with minimum out of pocket investments. There is a market for a complete outboard but it will have to be made of good quality materials and be reasonably priced. Not everybody's idea of "reasonably priced" is the same. Like I said if Nova Rossi had not stepped up to the plate and provided us with quality outboard power heads when they did outboards would really be in trouble for sure.
-Carl

The MECOA business model is to buy dying engine companies and milk the remains. Unfortunately, there were very few remains of the last, great K&B engines. I still have one operating red head pro outboard. I'm keeping it as a collectors item.

Lohring Miller
i bought my 7.5 red head pro 20 years ago and put it on my b/m leecraft, still runs great

It is too bad. The last two outboards that I had from them were the SX 3.5's. Ran strong with no mods. Impressive speed on an HTB 260. Both are still alive just need to freshen the bearings.

My 3.5 SS was a BEAST.. out of the box and threaten to be claimed from time to time.. LOL. I was even to lazy to pull the motor apart when it was new to look for debris..LOL.. I told them every time.. if you claim the motor (back when we had that dumb rule) your going to be pissed at what you have bought!)

Grim

We have a K&B with the 13mm crank that runs very well. You can't put it on a heavy tug boat and expect it to run like that but on a fresh light weight hull it can challenge most of the O/S engines. Your right Mike that little engine will run.

Latest posts

Back