P Limited Hydro IMPBA.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our club just had a race last Sunday. There were no nitro boats. Only gas mono, thunderboat, and P limited sport hydro had more than 3 entries. All the other classes ran P limited electric powerplants. Even the gas classes ran stock motors. All these classes result in a level playing field, but the great racers like Mark Anderson and Eric Bourlet still win.

Lohring Miller

Our club just had a race last Sunday. There were no nitro boats. Only gas mono, thunderboat, and P limited sport hydro had more than 3 entries. All the other classes ran P limited electric powerplants. Even the gas classes ran stock motors. All these classes result in a level playing field, but the great racers like Mark Anderson and Eric Bourlet still win.

Lohring Miller
Knock Knock anybody home?
What Lohring is saying is taking place more than just his area. How many threads have discussed attracting new racers. Gas stockers and P limited are the real entry points. New people don't expect to win and dominate, but they do look at rules and that helps them decide where they will fit in. Logistics and economics are factors. Does it make sense to pay a membership, invest and build a raceboat that is not recognized in the rulebook. Wait if you run Gas your in. FE your just a concession for local rules.
If you were going to hold an FE stand alone race would you just offer full P and above classes? We got sidelined by Covid in 2021 but are working on dates for a Spring 2022, 2 day race here in Florida. Our 2020 event had 161 boats, 96 were P/L. I hope to see 200 FE boats next year
Mic

I think keeping this conversation going is helping us "OTHER POWER" boaters looking at this as an opportunity to learn before we burn up. I want a FE boat but dont want to let the smoke out. AND want a boat that can race district wide

I told my wife on the way to do some rc boat testing that I don’t why I ask questions or try to get involved. Between all the messages and phone calls I’m over it. I’ll just run my toy boats let powers to be handle it. A lot of the vets are stuck in past. And every year we see a post in the general section on why the hobby is slowly declining and how to get people involved. I’m sure someone will repost this thread 5 years from know to the next person asking for P Limited Specs.

As the FE director, I am more that willing to take any phone calls or questions over the phone. This specific conversation about P-Limited has been beat to death over the last 5-6 years. Please reach out if you think I can help.

MOST IMPORTANTLY!!! Do whatever works for your local area to generate new members! There are many IMPBA classes that are no longer participated in because they ran their course or technology caught up. It doesn't need to be a "national" rule set in order for it to promote the hobby in your local area!

Thanks,
Mike Ball

Again, I am more that willing to have a phone conversation about the state of FE, discuss FE rules, and communicate the national level of FE participation. What I don't want to do is hash this out in a form. Far too much content of the conversation context gets lost.

Thanks
Mike Ball

My apologies,

It looks like they removed our contact information off of the IMPBA website due to excessive spamming. I can be reached in the following ways.

email - [email protected]
phone - 586-804-0520 no calls past 9pm (EST) please.

Sorry you feel this way Sam, I am available if you want to have a conversation. As I have noted previously. There is a lot to unpack with the class. This conversation is far too controversial to solve on the keyboard on IW.

A wise man once told me that just because I made the most noise did not mean I was right. Well......just because one has the most power and the ear of the BOD doesn't make him right either.

Another idea........stop listening to anyone for a minute. Ignore the rhetoric and look to the racers.

The GOAL of NAMBA and IMPBA must be the hobby and the racers that engage in it. Period. It needs to be the first and last focus. Stop trying to point us in a direction and respond to what the racers are doing. They tell us what the want with their participation. Regardless of limited's intent or even the lack there of.......racers showed up at events to race limited with the rules as they were. How ever crapy any of us thought they were......the racers were racing. Goal accomplished. Assses on the stand. With the new rules that include the length x width limit.......racers are still racing them. Good or bad.....they're racing. To hell with the goal? Is the goal racing or control of the racers?

The intent? The intent is racing. That's happening. Is the intent of stock gas mono new racers? Can't be that and it's super successful. You can't go to a store and buy a stock gas mono to race. Name another power level in racing that's easier and cheaper to start off in than anything limited. An ignorant question on part. I actually don't know.

Latest posts

Back